pg 7 Ch 1

“Yeah, I guess that’s fair” Audrey said “all because of this stupid dictatorship, and it’s sh- “

I shushed her as some police officers walked by, they had blank expressions on their faces. Once they were out of ear shot, I whisper-yelled at her “are you fricken nuts?! You could have gotten yourself arrested or worse killed!”

“I will not be hushed by the stupid people that run this dictatorship!” she said in a normal volume voice “Cris!” she said grabbing my wrists, pulling me down to her level.

“we can’t be held down anymore! We need to be free!”

I shushed her again “did you not hear what I just said?! Are you deaf?!”

“Cris we can overthrow them”

“what are you talking about?”

“with my fire” she said, her palms getting hot

“Audrey” I said trying to get her attention

“And your visions of the future”

“Audrey” I said worriedly, her palms felt like they were burning me

“we could rule this place”

“Audrey?” David said, seeing that I was in pain

“What?” she asked him, looking annoyed. He pointed to her hands, she finally let go of me and looked at her palms which where glowing an orange-red color “Oh my goodness! Chris are you ok?” she turned to me as I was straightening my posture.

“oh, I’m fine!” I said though my wrists still hurt.

“I’m sorry I got carried away” she apologized hanging her head.

“it’s ok you didn’t mean too” David said “it happens to all of us” he shrugged

“have you shocked someone before?” Audrey looked to him in confusion.

David paused for a second awkwardly, “ok yeah once or twice but it wasn’t that bad you know” he muttered quickly, clearly embarrassed.