Chapter 02

Pulling up I am immediately intimidated by the size of the school and all the students crowding the campus, yet it feels like this is home like this is where I'm supposed to be. I park near the check in area they have set up for freshman so i can get my room assignment and I quickly send a text to mom so she knows i made it safely. Nervously I walk up to the line while looking around examining all the people. I get lost in thought if why students may have chose this school and what majors they may be here for. Suddenly I am pulled back to reality with an abrupt "Next" being shouted very close to my ear. I notice a strikingly gorgeous woman standing in front of me with a wide smile plastered across her face, "First and last name please?" I quickly reply stumbling over my words "Em... um Ember Dawson". The line only took about 5 minutes to get through since there weren't many students checking in at 7 pm. Automatically the first thing I look at is my room assignment BELL TOWER ROOM 215. I pull out the campus map because holy shit this place is gigantic. I quickly search for my dorm building almost tripping over my feet as I am walking, which is probably not the best idea since I'm the world's clumsiest person. I find it and quickly rush to my car because I am tired as can be at this point and anxious to meet my roomie!

I pull up in the parking lot that is designated for my dorms and try to park as close as I can, luckily I packed as light as I could to try and lessen the amount of trips I would have to take. Grabbing my things all in my hands and piled high on my rolling suitcase I rush off to the building, I am very pleased with where i will be staying it's one of the newer buildings on campus for first years and thank god their is an elevator I couldn't imagine climbing the stairs and not falling to my death with my luggage. A few twist and turns later Im turning the knob to my dorm room and a wave of calmness instantly hits me as i see my roomie has yet to make it here. I pick the bed nearest to the window because its a great view of the courtyard and even better for me to watch all the people... i realize that may seem creepy but i just enjoy people watching and trying to figure someone out I guess that's what years of being a loner has earned me. The room is pretty decent sized it has two beds that contain storage under them along with two wooden desks and large wardrobes to place our clothes. I think about all the things I cant wait to go and check out in the building it had a media room, game room, music room and even a kitchen! Quickly all my clothes are folded neatly or hanging in the wardrobe and I begin to sort out all my belongings for my desk as soon as the door swings open and a shrill noise pierces my ears. "Oh my goddddddd" a girl says in an incredibly high pitched voice, "finally my room!". She runs in and throws her things on the bed opposite to mine and I begin to think she hasn't even noticed another human in the room until she practically tackles me into a hug. To be only about 5'4" and pretty slender she tackles like a football player. "H-Hey I'm Ember" I muster up as I catch the breathe that was knocked out of me. "I'm Kaylie, this is so amazing we are going to be bestfriends!" she replies energetically as she continues to squeeze me. She backs off after a few minutes and goes to start unpacking her things and I resume fixing my desk unsure of how to start a conversation without seeming like a complete idiot. "So where are you from Ember? I'm from Syracuse, New York!". "I'm from Sarasota, Florida, its crazy we ended up together!" I reply instantly perhaps too quickly because i am excited someone is finally acknowledging me and wanting to talk to me. We both finally stop moving around and unpacking, we each climb up onto our beds and share some info about our selves to get more acquainted. "What major brought you here?" I shyly ask Kaylie, "I'm here for their outstanding nursing program, it's one of the best in country!" She says so proudly and with such enthusiasm and at that moment I'm even enthusiastic "NO FREAKING WAY" I practically shout "I'm also here for nursing!!" We both are excited at the fact we are roomies we now will have classes together and permanent study buddies. "Do you want to check out the rest of the dorm? I've heard its got some awesome hang out spots?" Kaylie hops down from her bed and i follow her out the room.

*****************

Later we both get back to the room we have met so many new people to hang out with but we are both exhausted from the day and the long drives we each had. Kaylie says goodnight and heads to her bed and i let her know I'll be back in shortly that I'm just going to take a quick shower but she is fast asleep before i can even finish speaking. I took quite possibly the quickest shower I've ever had and as soon as i step out i run into a boy and nearly peed my pants in shock. "Wha-what are you doing in here?!" I say trying not to have a panic attack. The boy looks amused and slightly giggles as he says "this is a co-ed bathroom sweetie what were you expecting" and he just walks off laughing. Now i am officially embarrassed and this is more humiliating than anything from high school. Quickly i run back to the room to tell Kaylie but i forgot she is fast asleep and just decide to wait till morning, crawling into my bed and getting cozy I quickly drift off to sleep without another thought.

Authors note:
I made this chapter longer than the first and will continue to write them longer i hope, if you have any helpful tips please comment :)

Also please vote and share with other readers who may enjoy!