Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Katy's body stirs awake only to freeze again. An arm is laid across her, a muscled one at that too. She refocuses her eyes on the wardrobe opposite her and lies still. If she wakes Richard now, he'll only demand a morning session, and after depending on how he feels, he'll command her to cook breakfast. Cooking isn't a chore though, doing it in pain is.
As the hand shifts down her waist to her stomach, she finds herself being coiled back. Squeezing her eyes shut Katy, tries her hardest to concentrate on evening her breathing as she the nerves on her back prickles with the sensation of being pressed against a hard torso. The owner of the body mumbles lightly in his sleep and hearing the deep voice, Katy thinks for sure Richard's woken up; thankfully, she's proven wrong as a minute later he rolls off her onto his other side. Exhaling lightly in relief, Katy cautiously slithers to the side, preparing to rise and prepare breakfast as she normally does. Regardless of the day, if Richard wakes up and she isn't there with breakfast prepared, he will be furious.

Just as her legs swings over the side, an arm grabs her and tugs her back. A short yelp rings throughout the room as Katy ceases up in tension. Oh God...it's definitely going to be a bad day now.

"Little Doe, where are you going?" a low voice mumbles.
Her eyes flare open and with delicate brows furrowing. Richard's never called her that. And his voice doesn't sound so...well hot, for lack of better word.
So if it's not Richard then who the hell is... oh....Oh. Her brain finally clicks into gear and everything from yesterday flashes back to her.
"I-I...sorry," whispers Katy, her body instinctively relaxing.
"Shh, it was just a question, there's no need to be so tense. It's okay. Just try to relax. I only want to hold you," whispers Mason, twisting her around so he can actually face her.

Hints of fear and uncertainty linger in her eyes and he knows he should probably let go of her-give her space, but he can't. Apart from that kiss last night, he's had nothing from her and at least for now, his body howls to let him hold her.

Katy lies there in his arms; finally relaxing and allowing him hold her. She snuggles her head into his chest cautiously and when he does nothing to stop her, she lets it rest against his warm bare skin. How does something so simple feel so good? Comfort isn't something she's received much these past few years; unless it was self-comfort, but that never helped much.
"So what would you like to do today?" he questions casually, twirling a strand of silky ebony hair between his fingers.

Katy blinks sleepily. Today? What is she doing now? She shouldn't be lying in the bed with her captor, enjoying it. Besides the fact she already has a husband, she needs to get away. How long can she afford to waste her time, waiting for reality to bite back?
"Mason, as much as I appreciate everything you've done and everything you're doing for me...when may I leave?" she breathes.
"Katy...we've been through this," calmly retorts Mason, his hand stroking at her arm.
"Yes but, you don't understand Mason. I must or else..."
"Or else what, darling?" he exhales above her head.
She tries to rethink her approach. Insisting even more forcefully won't have him relenting to her. But how else can she convince him?
"I have a husband," she states, causing his hands to tighten ever so slightly around her.
She's crushed further against his body-or at least, her upper body is.

"If he deserved that title then you would not be in my arms now. You would not be so wounded, Little Doe. You would not feel anything for me. If he was not such a monster-"
"Please. Please, don't," her voice cracks slightly.
"Are you defending him Katy?" incredulously asks Mason.
"No. Never, but you have to understand Mason...that he's still...my husband. And yesterday I turned into one of those women. I kissed you, but I'm married. And I'm here in....in your bed with you...but I'm married-"
"Stop, stop that Katy. Shh...don't. Don't okay?" he soothes wiping away the precious crystal droplets that slither down her cheeks.
"Don't get upset, Little Doe. At least not before breakfast. And then...after you can tell me all about this 'husband' of yours. But before that, no tears, no angst okay?"
"O-okay," she agrees with a small smile as he kisses her forehead. He untangles his arms from her and stands up.
"Mason? Would you like me to cook breakfast?" grins Katy.
"That...that would be appreciated greatly, thanks Katy," smiles back Mason with the light tint of pink to his cheeks.