Chapter Seven

Best Mistake - Ariana Grande

Don't start the music yet (unless you want to -.-")
~

"Why haven't you been in class, Mr. Davis?" The dean, or head of the school, asks. He had his fingers intertwined and lying on top of my school records. I tap my foot nervously and wring my fingers in my lap.

I haven't gone to class for two weeks and fall finals were fast approaching. Brad, like the good teacher he is, decided to report that I haven't been showing to class. Honestly, college professors could care less if you show up to class but Mr. Bradley cares about his future medical personnel. I managed to make it to class Monday morning but Dean Royce pulled me out of class to sit across from me right now.

My heart was beating a mile a minute and I honestly was terrified. I hadn't talk to Day since the incident but I did talk to Isabel who explain to me that Day was livid. He was beyond pissed that I would date my professor over him. He refused to believe that I didn't feel anything for him. I asked some of the guys on the football team and they told me he was reeking havoc all over the field. Which was good for them. He's just so angry. I couldn't talk to him. It seemed too dangerous given the circumstances.

However, I just hope he isn't the reason I'm sitting here right now because I swear--

"Mr. Davis?" Mr. Royce's booming voice brought me out of my violent thoughts.

"I uh...I've had that class two times, sir. I don't know why it matters if I show up or not until finals." I struggle to keep my cool. I can't look suspicious.

"Oh? Why is that?" He raised one of his thick brows. This man wasn't too bad to look at. That tailored suit shaped his broad muscular shoulders beautifully.

"Two females in my class some how managed to get the teacher to fail me." I raised a challenging eyebrow. Please catch my drift.

"Is that so? Favoritism?"

"Something like that." More like prostitution.

"And are you not doing the same thing?"

I nearly choked on my own spit, "W-What?"

"I noticed you're on the list for the internship in New York in the spring. How ever did you get on the list when you barely show up to class?"

"Maybe he's read my file."

"Only to see you failed this course two times."

"Maybe he bases it on potential. Maybe he sees potential...in me." I try to shrug nonchalantly and think of the dirtiness in my statement.

"How stupid do you I think I am?"

I stay quiet.

He sighs heavily, "I know of student/teacher relations in college and they are considered unlawful. One hundred percent wrong. And considering you've been screwed over twice because of it, I understand if you want to have your own relations. Go at it but could you at least be discreet?" He rubs his forehead tiredly.

"For heaven's sake Hunter, do you know how great you would be in the medical field? You're still here over this one damn class and you're still managing to fuck it up! Why did I get an anonymous tip, with pictures, of you and Mr. Maxwell all cuddled up? How long do you wish to be in college? Tell me so I can kick you out without a degree! Damnit!" He shouts and bangs his meaty hands on his mahogany desk. I jump at the loud slam and hang my head.

He is the reason I'm sitting here.

(A/N: I'd start the music here)

I don't even try to explain myself. I get up and march out of the office ignoring Mr. Royce's calls behind me. I begin to sprint once I'm outside toward the stadium. How ever he managed, Day is still on the football team even with all the crap he's been doing. I pick up the speed shoving some kids out of the way. I was the one who was livid. If he liked me so much why did he rat us out? I definitely wouldn't crawl to him crying about it. There's no winning for me. I should have just sat down and did the work. Kept my nose clean. I should have turned into an introvert in the class and then, maybe I would have passed and been at Lenox all by my damn self, because this is ridiculous.