2

" So, did you see the Nobel prize winners for physics, this year? They all were physicists in the astrophysics field, you know, black holes, the centre of the galaxy, that stuff. "

" Yup! I mean, who wouldn't want to be in that field? Dark energy, dark matter planet 9, relativity, gravity, sometimes you just have to accept how gobsmackingly bafflingly stupendously--"

He cut off her reply, by raising his hands in defense and laughed seeing her enthusiasm. After all, they were an inseparable pair of nerdy space geeks. Sometimes these walks back to their dorms was the highlight of his day.

At a turning, they both said their goodbyes--only after discussing about more nerd stuff, of course. He lived with one and only one roommate. But after a tiring day of lectures and work, he always came to see the room thrashed and littered by atleast more than thirteen people. Slinging his backpack off, he grabbed the broomstick and began to clean the room.

He had a natural talent for cleaning and organizing. Perhaps that is why he decided to pursue nothing but physics and math at university, and any job concerning either would be happily undertaken by him. After about an hour of cleaning, he put on a random piano playlist and got started with his work. He took a pencil from a pencil holder, filled with pencils of all the same height and sharpness of lead.

But, he immediately noticed something wrong.

'The music is too loud'

He got up and turned down the volume of the music on his bose speakers across the room. He sat down once again at his desk, and opened the problem sheet due in two days.

'The light is too dim, I can barely see anything'

He half got up, and adjusted the brightness of the lamp on his desk. Satisfied everything was alright, he sat down with a heave, and looked at the first question. But, no sooner than his mind started to work on it, did he realize something.

'The music is too faint'

And then he continued to get up and sit back down as he moved across the room to fix various minute botherations--the squeak of his chair, the heaviness of his breath, the sharpness of his lead, the volume of his music, the ticking of the clock in the kitchen, and so on.

But these weren't minute disturbances for him, they were wild irritations.