13 ➤ Kisses

13 ➤ Kisses

   "You're turning 18," Alana kept repeating to herself in the mirror, hardly believing herself. The years had passed vastly too fast-moving, and the only way she could make people think she was indeed of that age was through her appearence, for if she were to list a few of the memorable things she'd done... It would probably be empty.

   In these eighteen years of life she'd lived, the young witch couldn't recall going on a road trip with her friends, or a concert, or writing a book of her own. She couldn't recall summer loving, an unintentional love-story, something to make her believe it was all worth it.

   All she was left with was a heartbreak, an empty heart and thoughtful mind.

   Everything she stood for was gone much like her parents, locked away from her for eternity. She kept thinking about it and there was only one person to blame; Draco Malfoy, except she knew that all of the things he'd done hadn't been done with bad intentions.

   There were only a few weeks left of her life as a seventeen-year-old, only a few days left until she was completely and utterly on her own, completely responsible for her own doings and, well, completely lonely. She will enter adult-life with her family separated from herself and absolutely no plans for the future, no friends, no sweet memories. 

   But there was still something exciting about the fact that she would finally turn eighteen, she just didn't know why. She was English, so of course, drinking or smoking would not be something she hadn't done before, but still, the recklessness of someone that had to be careful of their action winked at the witch, for she wanted to do so many bad things yet be aware of how much trouble she could get into for it. She wanted to live her life to the fullest, yet on the edge.

   "Knock-knock." A voice interrupted her overthinking, so Alana quickly turned around from her mirror and was quite startled at the sight of Draco himself. 

   Her eyes rolled at the back of her head. "Saying knock-knock is not the same thing as actually knocking, you know?" The witch used her irritated and bothered voice, eyeing Draco leaning against the doorway and crossing his arms against his chest.

   "You're not naked, are you?" joked him.

   Alana looked down at her fully-clothed body. "Obviously not. But I could be." At her response, the wizard rolled his eyes and stepped into her dorm. "Come in," the girl continued sarcastically.

   "As much as I'd like to talk of you and the idea of nakedness, I'm here with other business. Did you somehow... Forget, if possible, that you are the girl Prefect of our House?" As soon as he spoke, she mentally facepalmed herself.

   A sigh escaped Alana's lips. "Why are you asking?"

   "Well, dear, as you well know, Prefects of each house have duties around the castle, such as watch the younger students, watch the library, the lavatories... Have you been doing those things since you got back?"

   "You know the answer, Malfoy," Alana crossed her arms against her chest. "Am I in trouble? Did Professor Snape ask for me...?"

   He licked his lips, clenches his jaw then shoved his big palms into his pockets, "No, he didn't. I just wanted to announce that starting tomorrow night I won't be able to cover for you anymore, so you better get going with it."

   The witch's eyebrows furrowed together, creating a dip to form between them. "Have you been covering for me all this time?" There was a hue of irony in her voice and the boy rolled his eyes again.