Chapter 81 Leilah and Claire

Countdown: 55 days until Grass attacks.
*Infirmary*
Claire wakes up. "Wha-? Where?" she says as she rubs her eyes. Doc appears with a tonic.

"Here. This will ease your headache." Doc says as he gives her the tonic.

"Umm. Where am I?" Claire asks.

"Wellston High." Doc replies.

"Oh. How did I end up here?" Claire asks.

"What's the last thing you remember?" Doc asks.

"Umm. I was taken into Grass hideout via portal. I met a woman named Ms.Bowkin. After that, I was placed into a tube and then it goes blank from there." Claire says.

"I see. Well, Mia and her group with the aid of a few people that betrayed Grass rescued you." Doc says.

"Mia? As in Mia Doe?" Claire asks for comformation.

"Yes. Along with several others. John, Oliva, Blyke, Arlo, Remi, Isen, Elanie and Seraphina. Thye ones that betrayed Grass were Jessica, Rose, Melissa, Sabrina and Lena." Doc states.

"I see. Is john..." Claire trails off.

"King? Indeed. Oliva is Queen and Mia is the Ace. The previous Ace was selected as jack after regaining her ability. All of shit happened here in Wellston. Look, we can't send you to New Boston since all transportation to Wellston have been cut off by Grass. So in the mean time, you will be staying here." Doc says.

"I see. Thank you." Claire smiles as she drinks the tonic.

Claire gives the vial back to Doc and he walks away. Mia enters the infirmary and walks to check on Elanie.

'Seems like she is still asleep. Let me check on Claire.' Mia thinks as she walks over to the next bed.

Claire looks up to see Mia. They both look surprised.

"M-Mia?" Claire says.

Mia walks over to Claire and hugs her. "Glad you are awake."

"Thanks." Claire smiles.

They stop hugging and Mia sits on the bed.

"Wow. You look... different." Claire says.

A/N: This is what Mia is wearing minus the sunglasses

A/N: This is what Mia is wearing minus the sunglasses. Also, she is wearing a beanie. She only has one earring on her right ear.

"Trust me. You missed out a lot. So, how are you doing?" Mia asks.

"I'm alright. The nurse told me about you and the others rescuing me. Thank you." Claire smiles.

"It's n ot problem. Turns out they have a lot of people with so many different abilities." Mia sighs.

"They that strong?" Claire asks.

"Hell yeah. I didn't know mother had that manyh strong people." Mia says.