c.2: we're royally set for life

With that last struggling sentence, his eyes fade out, and he dies, held up with knives by the only girl he'll ever kiss

With that last struggling sentence, his eyes fade out, and he dies, held up with knives by the only girl he'll ever kiss. As most of us get closer to Sacrifice Samuel and Bea, Max doesn't take his eyes off of Sam.

"Did he say porpoise?" He asks, and I nod.

"I think he did..." John nods, being his clown self.

Both Max and I laugh, "That's so shitty." We say in unison, and laugh a little bit more.

Bea, on the other hand, seems somewhat....saddened by Samuel's death. That's impossible, she was the one in charge of getting him, why would she feel bad? She brought him here with full knowledge that we'd have to kill him. So she better suck it up.

"He didn't even get to understand..." She says, and I overdramatically roll my eyes.

John and Sonya hold up goblets directly underneath the stab wounds, and Max wraps his insanely muscular arms around Sam's chest, ready to hold him for when the knives come out of his head.

"Ready?" Bea asks, and Sonya, being her goth self, nods.

"Ready ready."

God, Sonya could not be any creepier. With a disgusting squelching sound, Bea pulls the knives from Samuel's head. Blood comes gushing calmly out of Sonya's side, right into the ancient goblet, but John's side only seemed to have a few drops coming out. Oh well, not everyone can win in this game.

"Yo, y'all gettin' anything over there?" John asks, tapping the stab wound on his side. "I don't think this is working or shit...."

All of a sudden, with a simple tap, there's a huge gush of blood that splatters all in John's face, Leah's face, and-worst of all-mine. Not half as bad as Leah or John-definitely not as bad as John-but it was still all over my face and my leather jacket.

"Oh shit!" Max laughs, and I would've slapped him had the blood not been half-blinding me.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck me that's a LOT of blood!" I shout as the geyser calms down, giving me the chance to wipe it out of my eyes.

"Don't laugh." Bea says calmly. "John, relax."

Doing as he's told, John closes his eyes but clearly still is freaking out on the inside. Bea pushes John's hands up gently, so the goblet starts collecting the blood instead of splattering in our faces.

"There you go." Bea manages an incredibly adorable smile.

"Hey babe?" Max looks over at me as I take off my blood soaked jacket, which also covers my arms in blood in the process.

"What?" I ask snappily, looking over at him.

Sweet Satan, he's hot.

"That thing you said about blood squirting everywhere? What was it again?"

"Uhm......was it 'fuuuuuck me that's a lot of blood?'" I cock an eyebrow, starting to understand where he's getting this.

"Yeah....I'll do that."

"Do what?" I ask.

"Fuck you. Just give it...eh, I'd say fifteen minutes."

Well, fuck me even faster that's hot.

"Sounds good to me!" I smirk, and he smiles back cheekily.

"All that blood makes you look extra hot, C.C."

"Oh, I know."

"Okay, can you two listen to Bea and stop being NC-17 nightmares?" Leah asks, wiping blood off of herself.

"Aw, don't worry, we won't do anything in front of y'all." I roll my eyes at Leah's comment.

"So that's a no, huh?" John asks, still slightly freaked out about all the blood.

I nod, stepping closer to Max just to feel more comfortable. Bea rolls her eyes at my inability to take orders well. I smile at my inability to take orders well! Max moves Samuel to slump against the wall, then pulls me slightly away from the group while Allison makes fun of John and Bea tries to figure shit out with Sonya. He wipes the blood off my cheek, and I lean my head into his hand.

"You know, you look really adorable right now." Max says softly, and I shake my head, stepping back and crossing my arms to complete my stubbornness.

"I am not adorable, Max Amell. Don't lie to me."

"Oh, come on." He laughs softly once more, stepping closer to me-I do my best to not blush. "I will lie to everyone in the world-especially cops-but never in a million years could I lie to you, Clairey."

Again, he moves his hand onto my cheek, and again, I nuzzle into it a little bit. Wiping away more of the blood, he leans in and kisses me on the lips, surprising me with how gentle he's becoming. I kiss him back with a slight smile, stepping slightly closer to him. There's some talk from Bea and Allison and John about burning what's covered in blood, but I don't really listen. I just really wanted to kiss Max right now. Not go past kissing, not even a makeout session. I just wanted this perfect kiss-and it's just what I was getting.

"Bring me the book." Bea says to Sonya as Max and I pull back from the kiss.

All of us get pretty excited for the book-it meant we were even closer to our goal. To have everything we ever wanted in life! I don't get why everyone says making a deal with the devil is so terrible-it seemed pretty cool and nonlife-threatening to me! Sonya walks back in a minute later with a red suitcase in hand. Bea opens the suitcase. The devil's book is revealed! Wow.....it looks more mysterious than Bea had described to us!

She blabbers on about what we need to do, how we need to do it and all that jazz. Then, she abruptly slams the book shut and says in this weird ass voice:

"Alrighty, babies. Let's get started and clean this place up before we go upstairs and collect the blood of the innocent."

And we are now another step closer to everything I want!