Chapter 6

"Why are we even participating in the Sports Festival?" Was one of the many complaints that all have merit to it that one of the teachers from General Studies had heard. "None of us have any actual hope of beating anyone from the Hero Course or the Support Course."

"I see your point Mr. Nanado." The teacher had nodded. "But it's still mandatory regardless of whether we can win or not. But, in all honesty, I think our chance of winning this year is a pretty good one."

As soon as he said that, everyone, except for Beast Boy and Hitoshi, gave their teacher a flat look. He chuckled a bit at their rational response to such a thing before giving the class a certain knowing look.

"I said that because our new student has a quirk, a powerful one at that." At the statement, most of the classroom turned their heads to Beast Boy, who was sleeping with his head still up, causing drool to run down the end of his mouth. "Could someone wake him up?"

                                            ~~~
A Couple Hours Later

After Beast Boy had been woken up, he explained his quirk to everyone which caused some people to want to participate to show the Hero Course up. Beast Boy didn't see why they hated the Hero Course so much but he wasn't the one to deny anyone what they wanted. Though he was only participating because of what his Guardian had told him. She explained to him that winning would ensure that he would get some hero agency to train under which would get him some provisional license to where he can fight crime, albeit only in emergencies. And that would lead him to get his pro license at some point.

"Can I ask you a question?"

Beast Boy turned around suddenly, letting a small shriek of surprise escaped his lips. It seemed to be someone from the school but noticed that it was his classmate by his scent. "You're a classmate, right."

"...you don't answer a question with a question, ya know. But yes, I am."

"Ok. What's up?"

The other boy turned and started to walk to lunch, where they are supposed to be headed. And Beast followed up behind him before he caught up to walk side by side in the wide hallways of the school.

The dark-haired kid started the conversation once more. "How come, with a quirk like that, you're in General Studies?"

After a bit of silence, Beast Boy decided to go with a half-truth since he wasn't all that good at lying. "Well, I transferred a bit late and all the classes were full."

"Oh," Shinso said in a voice that Beast Boy couldn't tell whether he believed his story or not. "I see." Silence was after that as the two boys walked to the lunchroom.

"See ya around." Shinso said walking in the lunchroom and out of sight as other students walked by.

That had left Beast Boy wondering if he believed his story or not. It hadn't been a lie but it wasn't the complete truth either. Either way, he hoped it wouldn't affect his stay at the school or anything if someone were to find his story untrue. He would rather want to use his powers without being restricted and he couldn't be covert since his green skin, no matter which animal he took form as, would stick out like a sore thumb.

"Hey, Beast Boy! Come sit over here!" One of his classmates yelled over the other hundred students there, knocking him out of his thoughts.

"Ok. I'm coming." He yelled jogging over.

                                         ~~~
Hours later Beast Boy was walking from U.A yawning from the boring classes of things he already knew or just things he didn't care for. His favorite three classes were lunch, gym, and biology. Other than that, he was pretty much bored unless he was talking with someone.