Tears

Here's the gist of it. Tony finds out about how Shuri healed Everett Ross and comes to Shuri with a couple of questions about a certain friend.

SHURI'S POV:

"So," he said, "My buddy Rhodey was in a crash. He broke his back and now needs leg braces to walk. I heard how you helped Ross and you are clearly the best. I would sell my soul if it would mean he could be healed. Would you consider taking him in as a patient?"

"Sure!" I chirp. "When does it work for you guys? If you could get him over here, I could do it now, or I could do it later, when ever works for you."

"Wait? You'll actually do it?"

"Of course! Why wouldn't I?"

"Thank you!" He cries and hugs me tightly.

——LEO——THE——TIME——SKIP——

"Hello." I greet, shaking the hand of the man Tony introduced to me. "I'm Shuri. It's nice to meet you. Your friend speaks very highly of you."

"It's nice to meet you too. My name is James but everyone just calls me Rhodey."

"Well Rhodey, shall we begin?"

——HAZEL——THE——TIME——SKIP——

"So you may be sore for a bit." I say, as he begins to regain consciousness.

"Only sore? No, like, it'll help you walk but you won't be the same? That's what all the doctors told me."

"Well, the doctors don't have vibrainium to work with. You should be better in a couple of hours. Shall I get your friend? He has been pestering me about you."

"Sure, that'd be nice." He responded and I poked my head out the door.

"Your friend wishes to talk to you." I say to Tony.

"Is he okay? Did it work?"

"Well, when the anesthetic wears off, you'll see." I glance down at my holographic timer. "Which should be in about half an hour. I'll let you guys talk. If you need me or have any questions there's a small button right next to the light, and that will call me down."

"Got it." He says nodding. "He's just in there right?"

"Yup." I say, walking into the elevator.

——PERCY——THE——TIME——SKIP——

The timer goes off and I wander back down to my lab where Rhodey and Tony are laughing about something. "Hey," I greet, walking into my lab. "Do you feel fine?" He nods. "Okay, well, do you want to try walking?"

"Right here?"

"Yeah. You can lean on Tony and I if you want some support."

"Okay..." He says slowly, taking off the crisp, white sheets. He slowly presses his feet to the ground and puts each hand on Tony's and I's shoulders.

"But first, try to walk without holding onto us." I add, and he carefully lets go of our shoulders. "Take a step." I say, smiling.

"Okay..." He says, and tenderly puts a foot forward. And another. And then he's walking normally, a bit shaky, but normally. Suddenly, he pulls me tightly into a hug, and whispers in my ear, "Thank you Shuri."

—x—x—x—x—

Yay, some fluff! Anyways, Happy WandaVision! I won't write anything about it until the whole season is out, but I'm open to talking about the first two episodes if anyone wants to pm me.

❤️❤️❤️
Chloe