Chapter 1: Prologue

My name is (Y/N) and for longest time I have been alone. I have no parents or any siblings. I was in the orphanage for a long time before I ran away with my papers and other necessities.

One day a school was having a contest on a scholarship and I decided to join the contest.

By some twist of fate I managed to get in. The next day I went to the principle and explained my situations and asked if there was a way for me to make some cash if possible.

He gave me the idea to  start a candy selling business. And so that is what I did.

Mr. Delmas, the principle was kind enough to give me 20 dollars as a starter.

In two months I was selling candy like hot cakes, but then I though why not sell some chips as well and so that is what I did.

Then I though why not sell drinks but Mr. Delmas told me that Soda were off the table. Drinks like water, orange juice, fruit punch were alright.

After a few months I found something awesome. A broken vending machine. Calling Mr. Delmas he told him what he found was wondering if he use for the business and he agreed but that he would need to get a license to own in. If he couldn't than he would have to sell it.

(Y/N) agreed and began to go through the proper channel. He talked with a couple of the government officials and they were able to come to a compromise. He would have to do taxes but he needed to pay at least a small portion of what he made.

And so he managed to get vending license and started to make more money. He put the machine in men dorm as he new some people would get hungry during the night. He should know he was one of the few people that did get hungry at the night.

At the end of the first week, he had made a hundred dollars.

After a month and saving nearly $1,200 he bought a second vending machine but this time for woman's dorms but instead of junk food he mostly things were healthy but there were some of the norm like potato chips, M&Ms and such.

My life outside the vending machine business was normal. I was just another face in school.

In my dorm room, I was the only one living in there. So I had no roommate which I am thankful for. The reason because if there is one thing I learned about my candy business, it is that I need to always restock one or two weeks.

I also have a computer that the school gave me but it was one of the older model so it was a little slow but after some modifications the computer was good as new.

Thanks to the computer I can now watch things that I never could. I fell in love with the movie Star Wars and so I decided to do some some research. Not only I was also ready some comics on it. But then I realized that there some games as well. My favorite was the Star Wars Republic Commandos. I loved the idea of this game.

But right now I am getting off track.

There is this girl Jenny and she and I were put together on an assignment together which was to write a report on Photosynthesis.

In the first hour Jenny was finished typing. All I was doing is trying to figure out the problems which was going great.

At the third hour mark we had finished, but Jenny said that she had to get some part for the Robot and because of that we needed tog eat the parts.

Problem was the store were closed down. After a few minutes of think I mentioned old abandon factory which may or may not work.

Jenny thought I was a little crazy but the more she thought of it the more it made sense to her and so she agreed.

And so, we went to the factory, but not only we found the parts for the robot for class, we found something else.

A computer, no a super computer and there is something, no, someone there on the other side. A person? No, an artificial intelligence?

We don't have a clue honestly. And so, we made conversation trying to learn of about her.

In end she didn't know. She forgot everything. She didn't know her own so me and Jenny gave her one.

Maya, it was Jenny who gave the name, I liked it, but I don't know why, but I knew that wasn't her name, but I'll figure. I might be able to find out what's this computer is all about and find out who she is.

I'll have to come back tomorrow...

Chapter end. I hope you all enjoyed chapter 1. Chapter 2 will soon come out. Be patient and it will come.