1

TW

Cursing, depictions of anxiety

According to a study done in the early 1800s and later confirmed in 1985, most people have a soulmate. Whether that be one or 20 soulmates, the vast majority of people have them. Luckily it wasn't too difficult to figure out who your soulmate was. Soulmates would have matching birthmarks or tattoos of sorts.
Just like the other 99.7% of the population, dream had a soulmate. A small flame tattoo laid itself on dreams calf. He knew his soulmate was out there with the same mark on their calf as well, but Dream was an impatient man. He wasn't going to save his first kiss for some stranger that he might never even meet! Dream made his own destiny, he wasn't going to be limited in how much fun he could have just because of some stupid birthmark.
Sapnap was similar to Dream in that he also had a soulmate. His mark was on his collarbone and was in the shape of a tic-tac-toe board, or a hashtag. He too knew he had a soulmate out there waiting for him, but wasn't going to wait for them. He didn't want to suck at kissing when meeting his soulmate so he had to practice with someone!
Having similar beliefs, Sapnap intrigued Dream. After a couple years of friendship Sapnap developed a crush on his best friend, Dream. After confessing to the former, they started dating. The boys knew they weren't soulmates, but that wasn't going to stop them from being together and happy at that. After long conversations about what they would do if one of them met their soulmate they decided they would break it off, only if the other was happier with their soulmate. It was a mutual agreement, and had been rehashed multiple times throughout their time together.
Dream and Sapnap shared all their firsts together: First boyfriends, first kisses, first make out sessions, first hickeys, first sexual experiences, and so on. The guys were inseparable, not even their friends believed they weren't soulmates.
It all just seemed too perfect when they reached their six year anniversary. Unfortunately though, all good things must come to an end.

~~~~~~~𝓅𝓇ℯ𝓈ℯ𝓃𝓉 𝒹𝒶𝓎~~~~~~~

Dream fiddled with his wallet waiting in line to buy a coffee, when he noticed the guy in front of him was wearing shorts so you could see his soulmark. It was on his calf.. and was a small flame... oh no.. fear filled dreams consciousness; all he could think about telling this guy off for tempting Dream to cheat on his boyfriend! But Dream resisted. The masked man just turned his head the other way. If I cant see it. It isn't real Dream tried to reason within himself, not wanting to face reality. He was happy with Sapnap! Dream didn't need a soulmate, he had Sapnap!
"Excuse me young man," A lady behind Dream in line spoke up
"I noticed that the boy in front of you has the same soulmate mark as you!" She beamed.
"Oh I'm sure its slightly different!" Dream didn't want this lady getting the attention of his soulmate.
"Well.. Excuse me sir!" She raised her voice to reach the guy in front of Dream.
"No really Ma'am! Its fine!" But it was too late...
"Sir this young man has the same soul mark as you!" Again her eyes beamed. Dream forced a polite smile at the man in front of him.
"Oh..." his voice was deep and a little shaky. "Well uhm, it appears we do... does this mean I should give you my number or...?" Dream laughed inwardly, his soulmate was really awkward. "Sure." And just like that Dream had his soulmates number and his and Sapnap's coffee.

~

The entire walk home Dream was cursing himself out. I should've fucking ignored him. I should've left that stupid café. I shouldn't have even gone! God why do I still have his number!? I don't want it. I should delete it, but Sap and I promised we'd break it off when we found out soulmates Dream's mind raced. It was hard to bare such a burden, that many would deem a blessing. He stared down at his phone, contemplating. Suddenly, his phone vibrated, and an all too familiar name popped up on screen.

Sappy Nappy <333

incoming call

...

.