~The Life on the inside~

The group of first years walk in and look around to see a magical starry ceiling and four tables with many different colored robes. You reach the end and there is a stool with a carefully placed hat, it had wrinkles that shaped into a face.

"Welcome to the school of Witchcraft and Wizardry! I am Professor Dumbledore, before we continue with the sorting ceremony, everyone will be placed in a house that reflects their personality and family!" He speaks with a loud broad voice.

Professor Mcgonagall continues to explain, " There are four houses that you may be in...There is Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and... Slytherin!"

She then walks towards the carefully placed hat on the old wooden chair, with a clipboard in her hands and her want sticking out from the inside of her forest green robes. She looks down at the board and reads the names with the student following up after. You slowly get more nervous not knowing when you're next...

"Draco Malfoy...."

The same boy that you saw on the boats and on the train walks up with pride in each step as if he knows what house he will be placed in...

He sits in the chair and right before the hat hits his head, it loudly pronounces "SLYTHERIN!" A big grin on the boy's face appears and he walks to his new table to join his friends with clapping hands. A few more names go by you noticing everyone you have exchanged words with earlier that day.

"Last name on the list...y/n!"

You walk up to the hat and stumble and hear Draco laugh with his friends. You nervously sit on the stool and the old hat is placed on your head. 

The hat whispers to you and only you "hmmm you seem familiar.... Very brave and very smart I see, where do you belong... hmm maybe Ravenclaw, that would be a nice fit! Wait... you seem very overjoyed and loyal.. Maybe Hufflepuff... No, no, no you seem like Slytherin would do you well and build character...maybe that's too harsh... Gryffindor seems like a fit and you seem to have already met some others in that house...well I surely am not sure......"

Everyone in the hall is whispering and wondering why it is taking so long for you to be placed in your house. You wonder to yourself why you can't just pick your own house if you fit in all of them.

The hat picks up on that thought and continues to whisper "oh, well I see you wanna do my job...well ok then what house do you want to be in then.."

You question what house you would fit into and choose Gryffindor sense you know people who were chosen to be in that house.

"GRYFFINDOR!" The hat exclaims and everyone at your new table arises and claps for their new member. You carefully walk over to your table and not sure where to sit. You stand for a minute to see the girl with long puffy hair that you have seen on the train waving at you to come over. You walk over and sit next to her to see the brown headed boy with glasses and three red heads.

"Oh, hello there I'm Harry, Harry Potter."

" Harry Potter...you say... hmm well are you famous or something? I could hear many people whispering about you?"

The small group of students are shocked about your American accent not knowing there was an American student this year.

" ANYWAY... I'm Hermione Granger! Oh and that Ron! I am a muggleborn what about y-"

Hermione gets cut off before she could finish and two twins with flaming red hair jump behind you and say...

"Hi! Im Fred!! And I'm George! We are the weasley twins!"

They run back to their spot and bid on which one of them can go on a date with you first. The food then appears on the table and you see Ron take a big chicken leg to his mouth. You dig in with the rest of your new friends and enjoy the meal before you all need to head to the dorms.