Please...

I've been Day's friend for 4 years, and I haven't got used to calling him Daniel yet.

What worries me the most is that he's falling for Tess. They seem to get along better than when I'm there, and they are extra close when they are talking. It looks like if Tess leaned a little in, she could kiss him. Tess kissing Day would make me nuts.

I walk to Day''s house when I see Tess is already there. I walk to one of the windows, and I see them more clearly. Tess and Day are in the couch holding hands and smiling.. Tess leans in but he scoots over and blushes. He says something, then walks out the door.

Tess is left on the couch.

"Why don't you come in?" Day asks surprisinglyout of the bushes.

"O-Oh um... I didn't want to interupt" I say

He smiles and walks up to me. "June..."he says "We are friends, right?"

"Yes" I mumble.

Well" he says and pulls me to him. "I think I might be in love with you"

"Then why were you holding Tess' hand?"

His smile gets even bigger. "I knew you were there, I was just trying to see how you would react"So then, he really loves me? He leans in and kisses me softly. This feels familiar.

I wish it could stay like this forever.

My eyes flash open. It still looks dark. "I-It was just a dream?"