A christmas special!

This oneshot is dedicated to DerpyMcMerky

Sirius was sitting in the common room watching as Remus re-read his copy of the hobbit. The marauders had stayed over Christmas break as the full moon that year fell over the 23rd of December. Peter and James had stayed until lunchtime but were called home on short notice, so now Remus and Sirius had the common room to themselves.

It was the perfect setting for Sirius to man up and confess his love but he was scared. Honestly, he'd been pinning over the lad for 2 years! This shouldn't be as hard as it is for him to come out and just say "Moony, I'm madly in love with you. Date me".

With a dramatic sigh, he got up and tapped Remus on his wrist. Remus looked up with a quizzical expression on his face.

"Moony, I need you to come with me"

Remus raised an eyebrow (a habit that he'd picked up from Sirius and he felt himself fall a little more)

"Where?"

"I don't know, I just want to walk with you"

"Are you okay pads?"

"Yes moony I'm perfectly fine. Walk with me?"

"Okay"

Remus got up and put a bookmark to keep his page then turned to Sirius and they walked out of the portait hole together.

As they walked the halls aimlessly together, Sirius couldn't stop himself from staring at his friend. Remus was by all definitions—- absolutely gorgeous. His sandy blonde messy hair, his amber eyes, the little scar over his nose, his tall stature, even the way he walked! Sirius had never seen a man more beautiful in his life (and that includes himself!)

Remus turned to him and he looked away blushing madly.

"Why are you staring at me pads?"

"You look gorgeous"

Remus flushed a beautiful dark red and Sirius couldn't even bring himself to be embarrassed about how blunt he was being.

"N-no I don't, shut up" Remus said as he cast his blushing face to the ground.

Sirius pursed his lips. He knew Remus was insecure and even more so on days like this after the moon where he'd most likely given himself new scars. This caused him to always say things like this to Remus but the boy always assumed he was joking and never thought much into it. (He never was of course but it meant Remus wasn't questioning anything so he went with it.)

Sirius wrapped his fingers around Remus' wrist to stop him from continuing to walk.

"No moony, I'm being serious—-pun not intended this time— you look absolutely gorgeous" Sirius said with a small smile on his face.

Remus bit his lip and turned away from Sirius feeling his heart flutter. Sirius had to stop saying things like this. Giving him false hope that he could ever be worthy of the mans affections. He knew he wasn't.

Sirius pulled his hand away and they continued walking in slightly uncomfortable silence.

Sirius was going over different ways to confess in his head. Then it struck him! We'll sneak into the kitchen and get hot chocolate! That way he'll be so calm and happy that he'll be nice when he rejects me. Or doesn't buy that's unlikely.

"So have you got a clue of where we're going now?"

"As a matter of fact, I do. We're going to the kitchens and getting hot chocolate"