Chapter 10

(Y/n) climbed up the rocks of the hill, desperate to make it back to Kili. She heard the screams of the battles around her, but she was only focused on reaching him. She heard the crumbling of stone and the cry of bats. The growl of orcs and the battle cries of the dwarves. But one voice stood out.

"(Y/n)!"

It was Legolas. He had killed the orc scum that stabbed Kili, and was trying to find her. But she couldn't stop. She couldn't wait. She had to get back to Kili.

(Y/n) finally struggled her way up the cliff, dragging herself up onto the outcropping where he lay, bleeding out from the wound in his chest. More tears fell from her eyes as she dragged herself over to him.

"Kili... Kili!" she whispered. He gasped in pain and coughed as she picked up his head and put it in her lap.

"(Y... (Y/n)?" he asked, his eyes opening. He lightly traced her cheek and softly smiled, more tears falling from her eyes. She grabbed hold of the hand against her cheek and gripped it tight.

"My love... I can see you... one more time..."

"No, no, no! Ki-Kili you're going to be alright! You- You're going to-" she was cut off by the breaking of her voice.

"Look at me... amrâlimê... I need you to" Kili whispered. She looked into his eyes as he spoke. "I want you... to live... on. Please... my (Y/n)." he groaned in pain again.

"Kili don't talk like that! Don't-... I need you..." she couldn't hold in the sobs that escaped her. "Please don't leave. Don't go where I can't follow!"

His brown eyes met her shimmering (e/c) ones, but they held no despair. They were full of peace, love, and compassion. A tear fell from his eye, however, and he smiled at her one last time, before his eyes turned dull, and the smile on his face collapsed.

"Kili... KILI!!??" (Y/n) cried out, but there was no response. She sat there, sobbing at the loss of the one she loved, unable to contain the overwhelming agony in her heart. It had just shattered in two, and there was no way to mend it, no way to replace it.

"Kili... please don't l-leave me" she cried. It was too much. It was all too much for her.

Death doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints. It takes, and it takes, and it takes. Today, death decided he was going to take something no one could replace. The reaper, with his silver scythe took her beloved, her lover, her friend, and decided not to bring him back. And she would never forgive him.

~~~~~~~~~~

The battle was over and won. The dwarves kept the mountain... but at what cost?

(Y/n) didn't leave Kili's side. She closed his eyes, so he would be sleeping peacefully. She looked down at his handsome face that was once full of life, but was now sullen and pale. She brought his hand up to her and kissed it. She heard the footsteps of the elven king, but did not look up at him yet.

Thranduil looked down at the scene before him. The hobbit girl holding the body of her lost love, tears in her eyes.

"They want to bury him..." she choked out.

"Yes" he said softy.

"If this is love... I do not want it..." the hobbit whispered, looking up at the king. "Take it from me... please". Another tear fell from her eyes.

Thranduil only looked down at her with a saddened face, moving forward.  Her voice broke when she spoke.

"Why does it hurt so much!?" she cried.

"Because it was real"

The broken girl looked up at the elf, and closed her eyes as the tears that were being held in fell from her already red eyes. Looking back down, she gave Kili one last kiss... saying goodbye...