t h i r t y - s i x

Niall and I walked a lot that night. We ended up going to a Tesco express and buying ourselves a 4 pack of chocolate muffins. Niall finished 2 in under 5 minutes and ate half of my second one but I didn't mind. I wasn't that hungry. We ate the muffins while walking along the street towards an ice cream parlor that I never knew was in London. We went in just as it was about to close and both got an ice cream, me chocolate and Niall cookie dough. We found a bench by the side of the road and sat on it while we eat our ice creams.

"Lily?" Niall said suddenly when we were in the middle of eating our ice creams.

I turned my head to look at him but I was met with an ice cream in my face.

I gasped, "Niall!"

He laughed hardly as I tried to wipe the ice cream off my nose with my palm because I didn't have anything else.

I groaned, "Your so damn annoying!"

"But it's funny," he said through laughs.

"No it's not! But this is," I said and pushed my hand with all the ice cream I'd wiped off my face into his face.

He frowned and I burst out laughing at he stuck his tongue out and tried to lick the ice cream off his face.

"I hate you," he said and even though he was saying it in a jokey way, I still felt sad and my body clearly displayed that well because Niall saw and said, "Hey, I was just kidding."

"I know," I said and forced a smile onto my face. I took another lick of my ice cream, staring at the pavement as I did.

"Look at me," he said quietly and I looked up to see him smiling, "Your beautiful."

I blushed, "You can't even see me, it's dark."

"Is that so? If I can't see you then how come I know your blushing."

"Oh shut up," I said and nudged him shoulder, "I'm not blushing anyway."

He chuckled, "Oh really?"

I opened my mouth to reply but my entire body froze when I felt his nose push gently against my cheek.

"But your cheek is warm."

I cleared my throat, "N- no its not."

I knew he was smiling when he said, "Oh but it is."

I didn't know what was going on apart from that the man I love was sat right next to me on a bench in a street with no one around with his face right next to mine.

I turned my head so his nose was now touching mine. I felt my ice cream fall from my hand but I didn't care and clearly Niall didn't either because he let his do the same thing.

"You are so so so beautiful," he breathed and I blushed again.

"Niall don't," I shook my head but it didn't move away from his.

"Don't what?" he said quietly, "Don't say your beautiful?"

"Yeah," I whispered.

"But you are Lily. Your the most beautiful girl in the world and not just because of the way you look. The way you act and your personality and your constant giggling and blushing and your wonderful wonderful amount of love you have for every God damn living thing. All of it is beautiful. So please, for God's sake, stop telling yourself that you aren't beautiful when it's so clear to everyone that you are," he said in a rough but caring voice.

I nodded my head in response. His hand tucked a small bit of hair behind my ear and my entire body came alight at his touch.

He smirked and was about to say something when my phone rang loudly from inside my small bag. I took my face away from Niall's and reached into my bag for my phone.