Chapter 18

Claire felt really ill all of a sudden as George noticed it straight away as well as Christian and Jonathan. She suddenly held her head as she said, "no dad. Leave me alone. Please." "Claire." Jonathan held her very softly as Mike could suddenly sense it. "It's ok. He's not here. You're safe." She then stood up and then suddenly collapsed as Jonathan caught her. Mike then helped his brother with her and helped to take care of her.

"She'll be fine bro. Let her rest. It's just like when he does it to George." He nodded as he took her hand and as Mike covered her up. "I'd like to be alone with her. Keep an eye on the kids... please Mike," he pleaded. They hugged as he then left him to be with their friend as he walked through the door and left a crack open for him.

Jonathan spoke aloud. "I know we're friends. We always have been since I was kidnapped. I loved spending time with you and I still do. I just wish you'd wake up." George heard him and felt sorry for him as he cried silently. "Please Claire." He ducked his head down as he sobbed. "I need you, and so do the others. Just wake up. Try." He cried a little louder. George then opened the door. He saw Jonathan lift his head as he asked, "Mike?" "No. It's George. I can hear you in my head." "Sorry."

George saw him lift his right arm up and up to his eyes to wipe away his tears. Mike then walked to the door, but remained quiet to hear what was being said. "Jonathan," George paused as he kneeled beside Jonathan and placed his hand on his shoulder for friendly support. "Don't apologise. Come on." Jonathan looked away from Claire and hugged her cousin while he cried. While he hugged back, he looked to the door to see Mike standing there smiling at him and giving him a thumbs up to thank him for comforting his brother.

George nodded and continued to hug Jonathan until he calmed down. "You know... I never thought you'd be this upset about Claire. You really must love her after all." "I do. I've told you that once... I'm sorry. Please forgive me." "It's fine." They then released each other as Jonathan turned around to face the door and saw Mike there. "Come in brother." "I told you I'd leave you. I just thought I'd see if you were fine with George staying with you. I'm glad he gave you a little comfort. He seems to be there when you need him. He's always with us anyway." He stood up and hugged his little brother. Mike smiled at him as Jonathan collapsed in his arms. "Jonathan?" Claire then suddenly woke up. She looked around to see Mike on the floor with Jonathan in his arms. "Son."

"Dad. He collapsed and then Claire woke up. He's doing something to them. I know he is. Jack is-" "that's enough Mike." "But-" "I said, that's enough. He needs to rest. I'll take him to bed." He took Jonathan from him, lifted him in his arms and took him to bed.

"He's my brother and I have a right." "Mike, please calm down." "It's my right to protect him. Our parents need him, and so do I. Leave me alone." "Mike-" "I said leave me alone." Mike left George with his cousin as she asked, "what was all that about?" he told her that when Jonathan collapsed, she woke up. "It doesn't make sense. Why did he snap at you?" "He's not himself while this keeps happening to poor Jonathan. He loves him that much that he's still under pressure. I think he should live at the spa." She chuckled. "It'd be a great suggestion, but I don't think he'll be allowed."

Christian then walked through the door and asked curiously, "what's with Mike? I asked him what was wrong and he bumped my shoulder without saying sorry. Have I done something wrong?" "No, dear brother. Jonathan collapsed and he's stressed again. It's nothing to do with you that he's upset. That family has enough problems on their plate." George told them it was his fault even though it was just Mike having a hard time. "It's not your fault."                                                                                                                             

Claire decided to see how Jonathan was progressing. When she was outside of the door, she knocked. "It's Claire. Can I please come in?" "Yeah." The voice was quiet. Too quiet. When she opened the door, she saw Mike knelt on the ground. "How are you holding up?" "Not too good. I just want this to stop with him. You know, what happens to him... all of it must stop." She walked over to him. She placed her hand on his shoulder and said, "Christian thinks you're mad at him for not apologising, but you're just upset."