Chapter 21

When George's mother entered the bedroom, she asked, "is everything alright in here?" "Yes. Could you do me a favour tomorrow?" "Anything." "Take care of him and don't let him out of your sight." "Sure." She walked towards the bed as she sat on the opposite side of her husband and cuddled her son. "We're almost done sweetheart. It's almost over. Hopefully it will be over by tomorrow." "Yeah." He hugged her as they went downstairs to be with the others for a while.

"Is everything alright you three?" Mike and Jonathan's mother asked. "Yeah," they all said at the same time. "I'll be staying with you as well tomorrow. If anything happens, Jonathan has had some training. He should be able to help your dad if he gets injured." "Alright." "You're doing the right thing." "I know. I'm only trying to do what's right." "I know sweetheart." She then released him as his father rubbed his hand up and down his back. "It'll all be over tomorrow and everything will be back to normal. Well... apart from George being a werewolf now his genes have kicked in of course." "I just want to get this over with." "We know. He can visit any time he'd like along with you and Jane."

Mike suddenly burst through the door, strode towards George, picked him up and left the room. "Put me down. What's wrong?" "I have to get you out of here. There's danger nearby." "Why didn't you just say so?" 'Dad. It's George. Follow Mike. Apparently there'd danger quite close to us. Protect his mum with us.' He replied by saying that he was on his way along with his wife.

"How do you know?" George's father asked while he, his wife and Mike was running as George was carried over his shoulder. "I have a strong sense. That's how I know. Are you alright George?" "Yeah." He closed his eyes as Mike walked with George over him and as he kept going up and down, making him feel sick.

When they were at Mike's old house, George was fast asleep while Mike took him to his room he stayed in when he began to be protected. He pulled the cover over him as he then sat by his side. "I'm here with your parents. I'll stay with you for as long as it takes. Even if I have to sleep in this chair." But because of who they were, Mike had a large bed in case he slept in wolf form. He suddenly shifted as he got onto the bed and nudged George's arm as it was then wrapped around his body.

After an hour, George was still asleep and Mike woke up and lifted his head up to see that his friend was still sleeping. He rested his head down onto the bed and heard movement downstairs along with talking. "Jane. Again, he's fine. Please try not to worry." "I can't help it Jack. I'm just too worried about him. He needs us." "Don't wake him. Mike's awake now." "Our little boy is up there and he's still in danger and there's nothing I can do to help because I'm human." "You raised him alone for eighteen years and you've done exceptionally well. You never left his side since this started. I'm proud of you."

Ten minutes passed as George's father entered the bedroom and whispered, "hi Mike." He nodded as he was checking George every few minutes. Again and he was still sleeping. "He'll be fine. I'd like to thank you for staying with him." George then moved and laid on his left side to face them both. Mike then carefully left the bed and returned to human form.

"Uncle Jack!  Mike!" "Claire?" "How is he?" "Please darling. He's fine. Mike's upstairs with him and he won't leave him on his own. He's fast asleep." She nodded as she walked downstairs.

Jonathan waited downstairs for her as she hugged him. "Oomph. What's that for?" "Being my friend and supporting me." "No problem." He then kissed her cheek and said, "let's go somewhere more private." She nodded as she followed him to his room as he then closed the door and locked it as he saw her sit on the bed.

He sat next to her, looked to her and saw that she had her head ducked down. "Is it to do with George?" She shook her head. "It's everything." He hugged her tightly and reminded, "you know he'll be fine." "I know." She cuddled him as he kissed her cheek. "We're nearly there. Hold on." "I just don't want him to suffer anymore." "I know sweetheart. Hopefully by this time tomorrow, Jack will be good and stay that way." "I hope so."