Chapter Twenty

Elly's Point Of View

I am back in Landyn's room sitting on his bed. There is a pack meeting tonight,there is one big party on the first of every month. It is the July pack meeting, meaning it will be held in our ally's pack house, The Glowing Moon pack. There is a knock on the door and I opens it to reveal Avril standing with a dress bag in her hands and a shoe box.
"I am here to get you ready." She asks. She so already dressed in a light blue dress with a sliver belt. It is floor length and is strapless. Her hair is elegantly curled and she has minimal makeup on. She leads me into the bathroom and takes at lest an hour doing my makeup and hair.
"I don't see why I have to look 'perfect' as you keep saying." I mumble.
"You are going to be the center of attention tonight, so you should look hot!" She said. "Now stop moving, or I will burn you!" She said while curling my hair. After another half hour she deemed me presentable and handed me the dress bag. I unzip it and gasp as the deep red color meets my eyes.
"I can't wear this, you said red was his favorite color. I can't do it." I zip it back up and turn away quickly, trying not to cry.
"Don't you dare cry! I just spent the last hour painting your your face!" She yells. "And he picked this out, before he died."she said her the softening.
"He did?" I whisper turning back around. She nods and I sigh, opening the bag again. She leaves the room and I pull the dress on. I step out of the bathroom and she gasps.
"You look beautiful!" She exclaims. The dress is a long gown and is strapless. It shows off just how much weight I lost after Landyn's death. I never realized myself how much weight I lost. I sit on the bed and slip on my red shoes. Thankfully they are kitten heels. We walk out of my room and am met with Brad. He is wearing a tux and has his hair elegantly styled.
"You both look beautiful." He says smiling at us. He leads us outside where the cars are waiting. Pack members are still milling around, most not dressed. The alphas and Luna's have to get their early for a meeting.
"Avril, do you have to be there early?" I ask her. She shakes her head.
"No, only you," I sense melancholy in her tone, and I feel it press against my chest.
"I am coming with you though. You shouldn't be alone." Brad says.
"Avril , are you coming alone?"
"No, I'll ask someone else to take me." I nod and get into the car with brad next to me. The driver smiles at us before starting to drive.
"Just know, this pack isn't mean. They will test how strong you are, but you won't hurt you. I cannot go into the meeting with you, okay?" He asks.
"Yes, I will be fine. I'm sure Celeste will help me if anything goes wrong." I feel the slight buzz of power, signaling she is watching us.
"What happened with Eden?" He murmurs.
"I think she's dead." I whisper. "I haven't heard from her, and neither has Celeste. Though Celeste told me that I have a stronger connection to Eden than she does." We are silent for the rest of the drive and the car pulls into the circular driveway. I slide out of the car, followed by Brad.
"Just remember, they won't hurt you, but it is best not to show weakness." He mumbles in my ear. I nod and I take his arm. He leads me in, I nod at the few pack members we pass. We reach a large set of doors and I let go of Brad's arm. He nods as the door opens.
"Luna, please come in." Holding the door is a man who towers over me. He would have been a little bit taller than Landyn. I give Brad one last look before walking through the doors. Fears settles in my stomach, but I do not let it show.

•••
The next chapter will include her meeting with the Glowing Moon pack. How do you think it will go? Do you think they are peaceful as Brad says? As always commenting, voting and checking out my other stories will be appreciated!!