Chapter Twenty-One

Elly's Point Of View

He has dark brown hair and brown eyes. There is two other men sitting at the table. They stand as I enter and I see they are tall, but not as tall as the other man. They are all wearing tuxes.
"Luna Elly is it?" He asks.
"Yes, Alpha Caden?" I say walking up to the table. Before I came here I read about the Glowing Moon pack, they are a relatively peaceful pack and have two betas, which is quite unusual.
"This is my Beta Samson, and my other Beta Oliver."
"It is a pleasure to meet you." They both say smiling.
"If you would take a seat, we can get started." Alpha Caden says. I sit across from them and take a deep breath. "I am very sorry about Landyn, he wasn't just and ally to me, he was a good friend of mine." He swallowed thickly and I can tell he is being honest.
"Thank you, it has been hard for me to cope." I say honestly.
"There have been rumors that the Moon Goddess gave you the bond." I see Celeste standing next to me and she nods.
"You can trust him, he is a good man." She says, they don't respond so I know only I can hear her.
"Yes, the Moon Goddess did." I say.
"Alpha, if I may ask, what it was like?" Samson asks. Samson has light brown hair and green eyes, he is much younger than the other two men.
"Wonderful, it was worth it, even if it brought me unimaginable pain." I say with a slight smile.
"Beta Titus isn't here, may I ask why?" Oliver asks. Oliver looks about the same age as Caden, who looked in his early thirties, and has blonde hair and blue eyes.
"He was banished, for trying to overthrow the alpha." I say, Caden's eyes widen and he looks surprised.
"So much tragedy has befallen the Whisper Ice pack." He says. I nod and he places his hand on mine. "I am truly sorry for all that you have been through Luna Elly." He says, with no tone of menace in his voice. I nod and give him a small smile.
"You are human?" Samson asks.
"Tell him about Eden, just not that you haven't spoken to her." Celeste says.
"Yes, but I have a wolf. It is The Moon Goddess' wolf." They all look surprised.
"You are truly surprising." Samson says with a smile.
"Running a whole pack by yourself, with no beta, and being human. A nod on top of that, having the Moon Goddess' wolf." Oliver says.
"Another thing, the members of my pack, who are left, are on a quest to get their souls back." They all look surprised, but Caden nods.
"Then our pack will join in your goal."
"But sir, I feel many will oppose this idea." Oliver says. "I don't, but many will."
"The let them," I say. "There were many that opposed in my pack, they are now rouges." Caden smiles.
"Then the same fate will befall the opposers in my pack." He hold out his hand. "Do we have an agreement Luna? We will help each other complete this goal?" I smile and place my small hand in his large one.
"We have a deal Alpha." He smiles and stands.
"Lets get to the party," he checks his watch. "It only started a half hour ago." We all the leave the room and walk towards the sound of classical music. I follow Caden and hear the footsteps of Samson and Oliver. Oliver quickens his pace so he is walking beside me. My head barley reaches over his shoulder, and I am in heels.
"You are quite a surprising person Luna Elly." He says smiling. "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"
"I am nineteen," I say smiling up at him.
"You accomplished more than I have, and I am almost thirty." He says smiling.
"I have also witnessed more tragedy than I would have ever liked to."
"That you have, but I know you will make it, you are strong." He says. We walk into the crowded ballroom and all eyes are in us. When Avril said I was going to be the center of attention she wasn't lying. I follow them up the stairs and onto a stage facing the whole room. The room becomes silent and Caden walks over the microphone. Looking into the crowd I see many faces of my pack, but also unfamiliar faces.
"Hello to my pack members, and the members of the Whisper Ice pack. I, as you know, am Alpha Caden. Our packs have been allied for many years now, and we would like to keep our years of peace unchanged. We have redefined the bond between our pack and have even strengthened it." He said looking back at me. "Tonight is a night to honor our peace and have fun! Enjoy the party!" He says smiling. He steps away from the microphone and cheers sound around the room. The music starts again and the room is filled with voices. Caden walks over to me and leans down into my ear. "I think it is best to wait to tell my pack about getting their souls back, I fear it might be too much for the opposers to handle." He murmurs.
"I agree." I say nodding. He stands ups and smiles.
"Can I have the first dance?" He asks me holding out his hand.
"Yes you may." I say taking his hand. He leads me down the stairs and to the dance floor.

•••
What do you think about the Glowing Moon pack? Do you think they really are as nice as they seem? Comment, vote and check out my other stories!!