Supernatural//7

Seven.

The cold, biting air snipped at my face and the exposed body parts visible through the blue shorts and shirt the girls' coach lend me for the time being; I would need to buy my own uniform. As I followed behind the girls, I rubbed my hands on my arm, creating frictions that will hopefully warm me up. The track was round and it ran around the football field. Barbed-wired fences ran the perimeter of the field, keeping out local residents on school days.

The weather was chilly and sharp. Somehow, over the course of five days, the temperature lowered drastically. I remembered the warmth and sun-filled days. How could it morph into something so harsh in just a short period of time? Stumbling down the rocky path that led to the track, the blades of the grass tickled my ankle and I had to repeatedly bend down to brush it aside. I ached to be back in Cali, basking in the rays of the sun. It was better than trekking to begin physical education.

In the distance, I spotted the male coach leading a group of boys toward the opposite side of the track. Distracted, I ran into the back of one of the girls, who whipped around and scowled. "Sorry." I mumbled.

"Watch it." She snapped, apparently ignoring my apology.

I shrugged, excusing her irritability. Honestly, I was feeling a bit under the weather. And the fact that we had to run out in the freezing cold didn't help.

We stepped onto the red concrete that circled the main field and the coach demanded that we stretched before running.

The boys reached us then and they merged with the opposite gender, teasing and appreciating the provocative uniform we had to wear. Officially, we had to wear booty shorts and a tight-fitted tank top with the school's logo on the right breast. I didn't know who decided on the combination but promised that once I did, they'll get one hell of a lecture.

Unfortunately, I had Yolanda, Allison and Genevieve in this period so the prospect of the first day going well darkened and faded into nothing. I stood with my feet apart and stretched my arms and clasped my hand together high above my head.

In my peripheral vision, I saw Ryan striding to where I stood with girls draping themselves across him as he walked. He was wearing gray sweats and a loose fitting shirt which sparked up annoyance in me.

"I can get use to this every day." He smirked, eyes raking up my shorts and over my torso.

"Why do you guys get to wear sweats? It's freezing cold out here and they've got us in shorts!" I tediously ignored his comment and sat down, both legs out and proceeded to stretch.

He followed in suit but sat cross-legged. "Imagine guys with hairy legs in those shorts," He nodded at the blue on my lower half, partially hidden by my arms. "would you want to see that every day for the rest of the year? I don't know about you, but I really don't want my innocence to be corrupted."

I shuddered at the image he'd planted in my head. It was an unattractive sight and I was glad that I didn't have to endure another dose of self-pity even for something as shallow as seeing hairy guys in shorts. "Thanks for the picture." I replied curtly.

"You're welcome." He grinned and surveyed me. "How good are you in running under a time limit?"

I gazed at him. "Are you kidding me? You're talking to a girl that was on the cheerleading squad and they make you run, a lot, on the squad. I don't think that's going to be a problem."

He nodded thoughtfully. "Speaking of which, I need an answer."

"To what?"

"To whether or not you're trying out for the squad."