Reveal

The large white antebellum mansion stood like a beacon in the New Orleans sun. The three women, Cordelia, Madison, and Myrtle, lead you inside. It was spotless and brimming with life, so different from the dark, underground caves you'd been stuck in for the past few days. A few girls dressed in black came up to greet Cordelia and they stared at you curiously before heading off to do whatever it is they were doing.
"Madison, will you show (Y/N) to a room?" Cordelia asks.
"Yeah, sure," she sighs and starts walking, expecting you to follow behind, which you did. As you did, your eye caught sight of a room off to the side where you saw portraits of different women hanging up like an exhibit of some kind. For some reason, you detour from your path and approach the room. Madison turns to make sure you're there and groans when you start walking away.
"Hey, rooms are up here, dumbass," she says, earning a stern look from Cordelia who follows you into the room.
You take in all the different portraits of women, sitting regally, looking out into the world with austere gazes. But one caught your attention, it was different from all the others. There was a certain life to it, blue butterflies surrounding a beautiful young woman in a long black dress. Her fingers reached up gracefully, white rose petals in her hand. You stared at it with fascination.
"Do you recognize her?" Cordelia asks behind you.
"I feel like I do," you reply, "But I can't think of where I've seen her..."
"Her name was Mallory," she says quietly, walking up to stand at your side, "A promising young witch who joined our coven of hunters."
You glance at her, then back at the painting, "You know something, don't you? About me? You seemed surprised when I told you my name."
She smiles kindly, "Yes...I wasn't sure if it was you, but now I'm certain."
You turn to her, "Tell me. If it's any explanation as to why I'm in this fucking mess then I want to know."
She nods solemnly, pausing before asking a question, "Do you know anything about your family?"
You shake your head sadly, "I never had one. Or...I don't remember one. I've always lived on my own."
She takes in a deep breath, "You don't remember anything...because a memory spell was placed on you. To protect you."
You take a step back, shocked, "A...memory spell?"
She gestures towards the painting, "When you were a child, you were placed under a memory spell by your mother to forget who you were."
Your eyes widen, "My mother? You mean...?"
She nods, "Mallory. Abbadon had sworn to kill her. In order to ensure your safety, she wiped your memory."
"He killed her," you say numbly.
"Yes," she answers, tears forming in her eyes.
You stare up at the picture, confused and angry and sorrowful. You'd been told that you'd had a family all along, only for her to be snatched away from you.
"What about his brother...Michael?" you ask, hoping desperately that he had nothing to do with this; though the pit in your stomach told you a different story.
Cordelia's face contorts in anger, "Had it not been for that monster, your mother might still be alive."
You feel like you might pass out, walking shakily past her back towards the stairs, "I think...I need to lie down."
"Of course, dear," she coos.
Madison leads you upstairs to a clean, comfortable room, leaving you alone quickly as if she couldn't be bothered. You didn't mind. You wanted to be alone.
You walk over to the bed and slowly lower yourself down, sinking into the soft sheets. It didn't take long before you were crying, weeping into the pillows. After an hour, you were finally able to stop, your face red and puffy.
I hate him, you think, I hate him.
After a few minutes of staring at the wall, you close your eyes and drift off into a much needed sleep.