♥ a season like no other (you're not alone) ♥

A/N: With everything that has happened this year I thought that I would write a little something for those who are spending their holiday alone (much like I am this year). Even if you are able to have a small gathering, this is still for you. Perhaps you feel so down and hopeless, like there's no escape from the uncertainty. I hope that this story brightens up your day, if not put a smile on your face; even if it's for a second. This is my Christmas to all of you. Thank you so much for supporting my work, not only here on Wattpad but also on my Instagram (follow my main lokis_peach, my back up lots.of.loki_love and my personal beneaththesehazeleyes if you aren't already. Yup, nothing like a little shameless self promo!) Your constant love and support means so much to me and I am so grateful for all of you lovely people! May you have a great holiday season and I look forward to sharing more stories and mischievous adventures/content with you all in 2021 ♥♥♥

Nothing much to warn you about here except for very little profanities (language) but it's all in good intentions, no angst. Enjoy!

Snowflakes danced downward from the dreary grey skies as the light winter breeze swiftly moved through them and the mood felt so somber despite the fact that it was Christmas; which matched your current mood quite nicely. Normally, you'd be back home with your loved ones and would get to partake in the celebrations with them but not this year (thanks for that 2020). Most of the time, you didn't mind being in your solitude but you had spent several weeks, one would say months even of isolation and you felt so distanced from those that you held dear to your heart;despite the fact that there would always be the odd quarrel here and there, but that was just a typical family thing. It just didn't feel the same with FaceTime calls and not being able to hug your parents, grandparents, siblings and even your closest of friends. You missed them all so much and you were the feeling was mutual-or at least that what you hoped to be the case. Being able to see the multiple expressions of joy, surprise and adoration as they opened their presents and vice versa to them as you did the same thing was all but a vast memory and the aroma of mom's shortbread cookies were something that you now had to recreate for yourself at home. Point was, this holiday season was much different than any other time for you and it was really taking its toll on you and your well-being.

Loneliness; such a bitter pill to swallow. It held the possibility of engulfing one into such this whirlpool, a void and if you weren't careful nor took proper steps to keep your head above water, it had the potential of pulling you into a deep, dark black holewhere escape was deemed near impossible, though that wasn't to say it couldn't happen. After all, anything is possible if you keep fighting for it, providing that you want it bad enough.

Luckily for you, there was one person who was there for you who didn't want you to be all alone on a day that was supposed to be all about peace, love and enjoying each other's company; though these were all strange notions for him to get accustomed to, not being used to such things where he had grown up. No thanks to his father. Yes, the very one that cared so much about you was none other than the mischievous prince of Asgard, the dark haired one with the crooked grin and the misunderstood soul. Loki. God of Mischief.

When he first met you, he was a little cold and distant but as time went on, he began to gradually open up more to you and the two of you became so very close; sharing your deepest secrets and feelings with one another. Loki was fortunate that you didn't judge him like many others before you had and he frequently seeked comfort with you, especially during those rough patches during his life; i.e. the loss of his mother, fights with Thor and those times when he felt as if he wasn't good enough to keep going. It was safe to say that after years of being friends that there was a strong bond between the two of you, an unyielding, everlasting bond with that being said.

A big thank you to the very day that you sat in the park while reading your Norse mythology book, sipping on your favourite cold beverage, as if you weren't there at the right place and time who knows if you would've managed to meet this glorious god. Chances seemed slim enough as it were. Perhaps the ones to really thank were the Norns, as it appeared that this was all part of their plan; a matter of fate one could fathom.