||~New Years Surprise~||

It was New Years Eve, and everyone at the compound was busy getting ready for an outing at a New Years gala. As everyone gathers up in the lounge area, engaging in conversation until it's time to leave, you look around the room and notice that Loki seems to be absent from the group. You excuse yourself for a moment, and then make your way over to his room, knocking on the door and then announcing yourself, before entering the room.

"Hello Loki," you greet him with a smile, as you approach his bed, where he was currently sitting and reading one of his many books.

"Hello (Y/N), to what do I owe the pleasure of your lovely presence," he coos, looking up at you with a soft smile on his face.

"I couldn't help but notice that you weren't out in the lounge room, were you not going to the gala tonight," you question, sitting down on the bed beside Loki.

"No, I'm quite certain that my presence would be unwelcome so I'm just going to stay here, have fun though," he solemnly responds, looking back down at his book.

"Alright, thank you Loki," you softly reply, making your leave.

As you walk back down the corridor, you quickly go into your room and change into something a little more comfortable, but still nice looking.

'I'm not letting him spend New Years alone,' you think to yourself as you go to tell the others that you're "suddenly not feeling well and would prefer to stay behind," and then begin to think of a way to surprise Loki.

Not long after everyone leaves, you get started on the surprise for Loki. You head into the kitchen, and begin to find the ingredients that you need for the meal you want to make for him. You get started on making the potatoes and then start to work on the honey-glazed ham, eventually putting on some vegetables when everything else gets closer to being done. You then start to set the table, and begin to obsess every little detail, wanting everything to be perfect for your surprise.

Loki, having smelt the enticing aroma drifting through the air, had left his room to follow it and ends up seeing you fixating on the layout of the dinnerware. He leans up against the doorway with a smug smirk on his face, watching you very carefully as you remain focused on the task at hand, before deciding to make his presence known to you.

"Hello (Y/N), what are you doing," he questions, his tone gentle.

"Oh hello Loki," you say a little startled, " um, I was just fixing a little surprise up for you to be honest," you coyly admit, fidgeting nervously with your hands.

"Oh that's very kind of you," Loki responds, slightly taken aback by your answer, " you really don't have to though," he says, thinking that you're doing this just to be nice.

"I know Loki, I wanted to," you say with sincerity in your tone, walking up to him and gently caressing his cheek with your hand while smiling sweetly at him, "why don't you make yourself comfortable and I'll be right back with the food," you finish and then heading over to the kitchen briefly and then coming back with a plate of food for both of you, setting them down onto the table.

"Thank you," Loki says, looking up at you and then down at the delicious meal in front of him.

You both begin to enjoy the meal you had prepared, and enjoy a heartfelt conversation together while doing so. After you both finish eating, Loki compliments your cooking, saying that it was, " very good and would love to enjoy your cooking again."
He then volunteers to help you clean up the mess of dishes that's left on the table and kitchen counter. You take that as a chance to go set up the next part of your surprise for him, excusing yourself for a moment while Loki gets started on the clean up. You quickly go a couple of rooms over to the lounge area, grabbing the step ladder on the way, and step up onto it to hang up some mistletoe. Well, at least that's what you tried to do anyway. You managed to hang it up, but end up misjudging your footing and almost make a crash landing onto the floor. Luckily, Loki had used his magic quickly cleaning up the mess and had come to find you. He caught you just in time, and held you across his chest in his arms. You soon find yourself getting more and more lost in his beautiful eyes, and Loki soon doing the same with you, as the two of you slowly move closer and closer, until your lips connect with one another's in a very deep and tender kiss. You love the feeling that rushes through your body, as the two of you continue to kiss for a few moments longer. It felt as if you had a million butterflies fluttering on you, and you just didn't want that to end, but as the need for air became greater, you slowly pull away from the kiss. Loki caresses your cheek into his hand and gently presses his forehead against yours, while nuzzling his nose with yours, panting lightly.