Chapter 13: I love you

Christmas has never been Dylan’s favorite holiday. Mainly because he can never go back to his hometown in Chengdu for Christmas time and it’s too cold to spend it in his penthouse by himself.

But, this Christmas is different. He’s with Shen Yue now and she also couldn’t come home due to work. He’s more than glad to spend Christmas time with her, baking cookies, and watching holiday movies.

In the name of team spirit, he decided to join secret Santa anyway, picking Darren’s name.

The break room at the hospital is filled with Christmas ornaments while smelling like freshly baked cookies. He looked around to see Sun Qian in a mini red dress who seems to be flirting with another doctor from internal surgery. He smiled as he watched them for a few minutes. He sat there sipping on hot chocolate while talking with a few interns who kept complimenting him over his skills and laughing with Caesar and Connor.

When it’s time to exchange presents, Dylan clapped Darren on the back and handed him a small red bag. It’s only a pair of red socks and bottle of his favorite channel perfume mainly because he doesn’t really know what to get Darren.

Darren grins at him and thanked him for the gift, promising to give him his present later for he forgot it at his office.

“Doctor Wang! Happy Holidays.” Surprisingly, Sun Qian was the one who picked his name. He thanked her as she’s giving him a silver paper bag.
Dylan opened the paper bag revealing a pair of his and hers red sweater, a red scarf and… a box of condoms.

He blushed and looks at Sun Qian in bewilderment who was smiling innocently at him.

“You know, my parents always say that the best time to make kids is during the holidays” Dylan coughed loudly then made sure to tuck the box at the very bottom of the silver bag. Sun Qian laughed at him.

“Anyway, enjoy the holidays, Wang. I have a date tonight.” She patted him on the back then made her way back to the doctor that she was conversing with.

---

Shen Yue was waiting for Dylan to come back. She’s lying comfortably at his bed while wearing his oversized shirt.  She was about to fall asleep when she heard the bedroom door open. Dylan leaned down to give Shen Yue a kiss before walking towards the bathroom to take a hot shower.

Shen Yue yawned and had doze off for a few minutes, but was woken up when she feels Dylan moving behind her and dropping a kiss to her exposed neck. He run his fingers towards the side of Yue’s ribs, under her shirt, kissing Yue behind her ear.

Yue sighs and lets herself be held. It’s been a while since Dylan has touched her like this, often too tired to do anything but sleep.

“So beautiful” Dylan murmured as he presses his lips against Yue.

Shen Yue gently pulls Dylan’s hair, earning a moan from him. He places himself on top of Yue as he leaves hot trail of kisses down her jaw, towards her neck and Yue’s whimpers and soft moans is making Dylan practically rock hard. He tries not to lose it right there.

“Is this okay?” Dylan asks

“More than okay”

He carefully removed her shirt, leaving her chest expose to him.

Dylan’s eyes are dark full of lust and longing that makes Shen Yue shiver to her toes. He then kisses her, rough and full of tongue. He softly cupped one of her breast and massages it making Yue whimper into his mouth.

He removed his hand from her breast and slowly trail it down to her stomach when Yue’s eyes widen.

“W-wait” Dylan pulled back and stared at her. He removed himself on top of her and sat next to her on the bed.
“What? Did I hurt you?” He panted, lips swollen from the kiss.

Yue blushed and sat upright, covering herself with a blanket.

How can she forget?

“I-I’m on my period.”

Dylan didn’t say anything at first then after a few seconds, started chuckling. He handed her his old shirt which she gladly took.

“I’m so sorry.” Yue said but Dylan just smiled at her.

“It’s fine.”

“No, I feel horrible for always leading you on…” Yue bit her lip and Dylan hastily kissed her on the forehead.
“I’ll wait, no need to rush things.” Dylan grinned at her, making Yue blush and kiss him again on the lips.

---

It was Christmas morning when Shen Yue woke up. The first thing she hears is the heavy snow falling from the rooftop.

“Happy holidays, babe.” Dylan emerged from the bedroom door, holding a breakfast tray full of pancakes, bacon, French toast, and 2 cups of hot chocolate.

He placed it near the bedside table and kiss her forehead.

“Merry Christmas. Are you needed at the hospital?”
“I need to go make my daily rounds at 1 but I’ll be back before dinner.” Yue pouted but nodded her head in understanding.

“Let’s eat.”
---

Christmas day seems to move fast for Dylan Wang as he hurriedly went home, wishing the interns and some doctor’s happy holidays before making his way to his penthouse. He finds Shen Yue in the kitchen, cooking what appears to be mash potatoes and roasted chicken.

He hugged her from behind, making her squeal in surprise.

“Since when do you cook?” he lightly teased her making her roll her eyes and escaping his grasp.

“I facetimed with my mom, today. I wanted to do something nice for you.” Dylan smiled in adoration as he helped her prepare the meal.

They both ate at the dining room, sharing Christmas stories from their childhood. After they were done eating, Dylan washed the plates and followed Yue to his bedroom to watch home alone.

It was nighttime now, the snow seems to be falling harder than it was and they were cuddled together under the blanket as they were playing holiday songs from Dylan’s Spotify. The faint voice of Mariah Carey’s All I want for Christmas is You can be heard but all Yue could focus right now is Dylan.

Dylan who clouded her mind since their very first encounter

Dylan who showed her the real meaning of happiness

Dylan who is with her today, making Christmas warm and full of love again.

She looked up to see Dylan already staring at her.

I love you

She was about to say it, to confess.

“I love you, Shen Yue” but Dylan beat her to it. Yue grin from ear to ear at the revelation.

He loves her as much as I love him.
“I love you, too.”

Dylan hugged Yue tighter, a warm feeling encompasses through his body
So this is what it feels like to fall in love.

How wonderful

“Merry Christmas, baby.” He whispered

“Mhm” Yue mumbles making Dylan laugh as she slowly started to get sleepy again. She falls asleep while cuddling Dylan.

The last thing she hears is the faint voice of Mariah Carey: Oh baby, all I want for Christmas is you…

---
Hello!! It's been a while since I last updated but I just finished taking my finals and I can't wait to start writing again! I hope all of you are doing well and are enjoying the holidays. Happy Holidays everyone! ❤