Chapter 5: Warnings and Intentions

Doctor Dylan Wang, Darren Chen, Connor Leong, and Sun Qian had been eating in the break room, discussing about the new interns they are assigned this week.

"Honestly, my intern seems to be okay" Darren replied making all of them either scoff or roll their eyes.

"You're too nice." Connor commented making Dylan agree with him.

Darren doesn't get mad at the interns, he would just lecture them whenever they would messed up or won't know the answer to their question, he would smile, offer them lunch, and then give them a 30 minute advice.

Darren looked at them and gave them a confused look.

"Is that wrong?"

Dylan gave a pat on Darren's shoulder.

"My intern can't answer my rapid fire questions when we were doing rounds." Dylan replied.

One by one, each of them shared about their small encounter and their schedules this week.

"By the way, we're teaming up tomorrow. Exciting, right?" Doctor Sun Qian said to Dylan.

They were both assigned to do a major surgery on a 10 year old girl. The girls' parents practically begged them to let Dylan with the help of Qian to do the surgery, both of them are confident that the surgery would be successful. The only problem is that Dylan completely forgot what day the operation was.

"That's tomorrow? What time?"

"7pm" Sun Qian replied before taking a bite into her steak sandwich.

Oh no

Tomorrow is Sunday meaning he can't take Shen Yue out on a date?

"Can't we move the surgery on a later time?" Dylan gave Sun Qian a hopeful smile, hell he even did his infamous puppy look. But Sun Qian merely glared at him and kicked him in the leg.

"Ouch" Dylan slightly jumped at the contact.

"Do you want the patient to die?" Sun Qian's voice is thick with irritation and she flipped her hair, an all well-known habit to everyone that she's mad.

"I have..."

"You have a date with the barista girl from that cute café" Connor finished Dylan's sentence for him and he looked at the doctor with a muddled look

"How'd you know?"

"Caesar."
Sun Qian huff in annoyance again at Dylan and shook her head.

"Don't give that sweet girl false hope, Doctor Wang. She's good in making coffees." Darren chuckled at Sun Qian's comment making Dylan scratch the back of his head.

He placed both elbows on top of the table and stared directly at Sun Qian's eyes.

"I'm actually serious in getting to know that barista girl, thank you very much. I am quite fond of her." Dylan's voice is nothing but pure seriousness. His face is hard as a stone and all Sun Qian did is chuckle.

She stared back at Dylan a look on her face seems surprised by the fact that Dylan is actually interested at the barista girl. Still, she likes to challenge Dylan Wang. There's something about the doctor that makes Sun Qian want to break all the rules for him. Or maybe it's because of the rumours that he's really good in bed. Whatever the reason is, Sun Qian loves to get the attention and a challenge from Doctor Dylan Wang.

"Funny how you said the same thing towards that waitress from that shady bar last month." Dylan's face redden and Sun Qian smiled triumphantly, knowing she won.