Chapter 3: Identity

Identity

(Killua POV)

The Izuku boy wasn't at his room so I told dad. He said I'll see the boy tomorrow instead. 

The next day, I was called by father. "Dad? You called me?" He nodded as I took a seat beside him as he gestured. "you're most updated, what do they call it again? When you bring one to a doctor and they'll know the relation?" 

I started to get what he was talking about. We had these back then but today's DNA tests are more advanced now. "DNA test?" "Yes! a DNA test." I tilted my head. "Izuku.. DNA test with this." I grabbed the container with blood. I don't know whose but I'll probably have to take Izuku's too. "Leave in an hour. Izuku's in your grandfather's room. Bring Illumi with you." He say to me. I nodded despite being confused on what the kid was doing there.

As I pass the halls, I bumped into Grandad. "Is Izuku still in your room?" I asked. "He's asleep Killua, but feel free to wake him up." I nodded and continue to his room. Surprisingly Illumi is in front of the room too.

"You also coming?" He asked. I nodded and showed the container. He opened the door to see the little boy who was asleep on the red couch. Instead of waking the boy up, Illumi carried him. The boy opened his eyes slowly then rubbed them. He looked at Illumi, his eyes widen for a moment. "Wh-who are you..?" He asked.. then he turned his gaze on me. "I'm Killua.." I introduced. Illumi followed. "I'm Illumi." 

"I-i'm.. Izuku.." He said in a raspy voice. I sighed. The kid hasn't eaten or had a drink of water. "How about you change clothes first then we eat?" He nodded. Suddenly he said something out of the blue that made me laugh. He looked at Illumi then said, "You look funny.." Older brother seemed surprised at the comment but continued to make our way to his room. 

We changed him into one of my old clothes, a bit big for his size. "How old are you?" 

"I'm six!" he formed a small smile. "It's creepy." Illumi said. "What's creepy?

"This looks exactly like you... except the eyes are green." I sighed. "It's a he Illumi not a thing." He chuckled. "Then, he looks exactly like you." I rolled my eyes, deciding to ignore the obvious. We went to eat. It was just a quick meal then we went out and went off the city.

⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀

"W-will they hurt me?" I looked at Izuku, he's almost in tears as he saw the sharp needle. "They're just gonna take blood Izuku.. it will only feel like an ant bite." I assured him. But when the needle was supposed to go through him, it couldn't. It's as if like father's. 

With no avail to the first way, we went on with getting a string of hair from him. It's already been an hour and no results came in yet. I got kinda bored so I went and played at my phone. This era has a lot of hero games. Izuku got comfy in Illumi's embrace and fell asleep. Yeah.. we kinda adapted over the years and stopped with the whole family drama. We learned to stay cool and control ourselves. This includes our bloodlust.

It's been more than a century since I am stuck as a seventeen year old. Me and my family had to go modern if we want to make things work, plus it's getting boring. It took us ten years before we came to this realization. Besides that, focusing in the present, I got curious with Izuku too.

The doctor finally went out and handed us an envelope. We payed then left immediately. Illumi was too impatient. Hospitals weren't the best place.

In the car, the sleeping six year old is still on my brother's lap. Weird, I've always wondered if he ever carried me like that. Anyways, the kid is small for his age. He looks four.. I shrugged my shoulders. Me and Gon were small for a twelve year old, I think...

⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀⩿⪀

"We have the results." I handed him the envelope. Illumi is beside me still carrying the six year old. Grandpa Zeno must've tired him. Or maybe the meal was good. I'm just glad he's not crying loudly. 

Dad took the envelope. We were curious too of course. Then, dad showed a small smile. "Well, Killua, Illumi, meet your little brother." We both tilted our heads. "little what?!" I exclaimed which made Izuku wake up. "Well, how are you gonna tell mother about this? Also Milluki, Alluka, and Kalluto?" Illumi asks. "Wait are you saying you cheated on mom?" I ask. Our dad sighed. 

"No. I didn't cheat on your mom. Also, alcohol won't work on me, also, I am sending an investigator for this. Maybe find the woman who abandoned Izuku and find her statement." Our dad said. We agreed on that before introducing his fact to the others. 

"Well, Illumi, make up your mistakes on me and the others through Izuku." I teased. He sent slight of his bloodlust (ren) as he showed how annoyed he is. To my surprise, and Illumi's, Izuku was unconsciously using Nen. "So he's a genius." Illumi said. "genius?" Izuku tilted his head. 

(Illumi POV)

"Never mind that" I said to my new brother. "Let's get you to your current room. Then we'll put you in a new one soon okay?" Killua said. Then he looked at me as if he wants to say something but too shy to. "What?" I looked at him. 
"I can walk." he answered me. Dad gave a chuckle and waved us off. I put the kid down so he can walk as he wished. "For now, let him know he's among us." Father said. I nodded and went out with Killua and the brat. Well, just a nickname. Killua would appreciate it more than 'it'. 

"Will I go back to my old house?" The kid asks. "No. You're staying here." I said as we walk the dark halls. "Say, Izuku.. do you enjoy toys and those stuff?" I ask. "I did but.. I heard Zeno-san said something about assassination! they were so cool!! but.. assassins are e-stink?? and the next close thing is probably an underground hero he said.. so I wanna train to be a hero!" He exclaimed. "extinct Izuku.." Killua said. I just nodded and hummed. This kid is interesting.. same like Killua a century ago. Killua may not know it but I babied him back then. Of course that was a secret.

We entered his current room. I was assigned to tell him about our relation. "Izuku. We are a real family. You have our blood. Your dad is the man from earlier and we are your brothers. You are a Zoldyck." Killua exclaimed. "I drank your blood?" Killua face palmed as I try my best to hold in a chuckle.

"Izuku.. from now on, you will take our name because we are family." He tried again. Izuku seemed to think of something. "But.. but I'm Izuku!" He said. I face palmed. After more explanaton, I heard giggling. Izuku giggling specifically. 

"I'm just messing with you! You don't seem like to smile a lot.. I tried but you won't.. so I just gave up." He said looking at me. The kid is smart after all. I was starting to think that he is dumb. "well.. sorry for being apathetic." I said. "What's apathetic?" He now asked. I can't really tell if he is serious or not right now. "You're not joking?" Killua asks. "Well, it's the first time I heard the word.." He said. "Anyways.. I get it. We're family by blood. I was expecting I'll meet my father someday but all this rich stuff is unexpected." He added. I was glad we came to a clear that we are related by blood.

After that, we just kept him company for a bit. I told him there are some video games in the drawers and some clothes. Killua helped him with everything and he changed into comfortable clothing in his bathroom. Well, I guess he'll do just fine alone.