Secret Santa

This is an Argo II crew oneshot!

I hope you like it!

 (Let's pretend the thing in Burning Maze didn't happen.)

The war with Gaea was finally over, but this did not mean the Argo II crew grew apart. Quite on the contrary, as they got together as often as they could. 

On winter break, Annabeth, Percy, Jason, Nico, and Leo all went to Sally and Paul's house. They spent two weeks together having fun and messing around with each other. One particular night stood out the most.

It was Christmas Eve, the night Reyna, Hazel, Piper and Frank came over for a Secret Santa.

                                            ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

The 9 demigods were sitting in a circle by the fireplace, with a present in their lap. Near them was a brightly-illuminated Christmas tree,  and Christmas music was softly playing in the background. Hot Chocolate mugs were in each half-blood's hands, as they warmed up after an intense snowball fight.

"So, how do we do this?" Hazel asked. It was the first of many Secret Santa's to come, and...no one knew how to start.

"I'm not sure. How about one of us goes first, gives our gift to our secret Santa, and then the person who received the gift goes next? Then we open them all together at the end." Annabeth suggested.

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. "I'll go first." Percy announced. "Everyone close your eyes."

The other eight closed their eyes. 

Percy walked up to Hazel and placed his huge gift on the floor in front of her. He walked back and sat down in his spot next to Annabeth and Jason.

"Open your eyes." Percy instructed. Hazel spotted her gift and looked surprised at how big it was. It was about 60 centimeters tall. "Thanks, Percy." she said smiling gratefully. "This is HUGE. What's in there?" 

"You'll see." Percy replied. Hazel looked at him suspiciously for a second, then called out "My turn!". 

Everyone  else closed their eyes. Hazel placed her neatly-wrapped gift in front of Piper, who was sitting right beside her. "Okay, open." she ordered her friends.

They opened their eyes. "Thanks Hazel!" Piper said happily. "My turn!". 

They continued the routine. Piper gave a red bag to Nico, Nico gave a green Christmas bag to Jason, Jason gave his gift to Reyna, Reyna to Frank, Frank to Annabeth, Annabeth to Leo and finally, Leo to Percy.

Once that was done, it was time to open the presents. Leo, Percy, and Jason made a mess opening their presents, throwing wrapping paper everywhere, like excited children. Piper, Nico, Frank and Hazel opened their gifts somewhat neatly, leaving the wrapping paper (as well as bags) in a pile. Annabeth opened hers carefully, making sure not to rip the paper. Reyna had an envelope, so she simply took off the Santa sticker closing it and opened it up.

Hazel had gotten a soft grey dolphin plush and a bracelet with 3 gems dangling from it. Percy informed her that the dolphin was named Frank while grinning at his inside-joke. Frank, Hazel , and Percy laughed, remembering how they had defeated Chrysaor. Hazel hugged Percy in thanks.

Piper had gotten a cream coloured hat with a light-grey pom-pom, a light grey scarf and white gloves. She also got a mug that read "More than just a pretty face," filled with chocolates, 2 candy canes and hot chocolate mix. Piper smiled and thanked Hazel, happy with her cute gift.

Nico got a customized MythoMagic set from Piper. It featured all of his friends, and even included him in it. Nico's eyes lit up like he was 10 again and he was left speechless with a smile of pure joy on his face. Especially when he saw a 30 dollar McDonald's gift card in the bag as well.

Jason got a Superman shirt from Nico, as well as an SPQR scarf with a Camp Half-Blood hat to represent his two homes. In the hat was a small note. It said:

 Dear Jason, thank you for all you've done for me. Thank you for supporting me with everything. You're like a big brother to me, and one of the people I trust the most. But don't tell anyone that! -Nico. 

Jason smiled at Nico and asked for permission to give him hug. Reluctantly, Nico told him that he could, and Jason practically strangled him.

Reyna was a bit disappointed with her gift, as it appeared to be a card. Just great. She opened up the letter and read the card. "Check the garage." she read. Everyone stared at her. "C'mon, your gift's in the garage." Jason called, already getting up to head to the garage. Everyone followed him. Jason opened the garage door to reveal a small, baby Pegasus, with shiny black fur. He couldn't have been more than two months old. 

Jason stared at the floor, nervous. "I know how you struggled with losing Scipio, and I didn't mean to get the Pegasus as a replacement, but I knew you liked them so I-" he was cut off by Reyna hugging him tightly, so tightly, it was kind of hard to breathe. "Glad you liked it." he told her, catching his breath once she let go. "Finlay. That's what I'll call him," she said walking over and petting the black Pegasus. "Thank you, Jason," she told him looking at him in the eye with a smile. Then she turned and kept petting Finlay.

Frank had gotten a bow and arrow from Reyna, as well as an SPQR hoodie (which would be stolen by Hazel the next week). Reyna had really surprised with the last gift she gave him. It was a sketchbook with a cover full of intricate animal designs. Reyna was one of the only people who knew Frank liked to draw. He thanked her, and got started on his first drawing, his friends right now, gathered around smiling and laughing.

Annabeth received a book on Architecture from Frank full of techniques, and facts from monuments around the world. The book fascinated her, and she couldn't wait to start it. She also got a kit full of materials and sketch paper for her to make models of  the new Olympus, which became one of her most prized and useful possessions.

Leo wasn't expecting what he got from Annabeth. Instead of the tools he thought he'd get, he got something even better. A scrapbook full of memories. In it were pictures of Leo with his friends, having small, significant moments together. Annabeth had even added small captions to each photo. On the first page were several quotes. All about family. Leo smiled fondly at the photo with him and his friends, taking a group photo. He had found his family.

Percy small, hand-made gift from Leo.  It was a snow globe that at first appeared blank. Then, it showed 5 year old Percy baking cookies with his mom. There was flour on his cheeks, but he couldn't look happier. The scene changed into Annabeth and Percy's underwater kiss, right after they had saved the world. In that moment everything felt...perfect. The scene changed to show Percy laughing with his friends, then to Percy fighting along side his father. The final scene was Percy decorating the Christmas tree with his 1 year old sister, Estelle, and the rest of his family. Once the scene faded, the whole thing replayed. The snow-globe was filled with some of Percy's favourite memories.

"Did ya like it?" Leo asked. Percy nodded, and gave Leo a quick hug. "Thanks, Valdez." Percy told him. Leo grinned and Percy went back to watching his memories again. 

                                       ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yes, the demigods adored their presents. After all, who doesn't like gifts? But truthfully, the best part was getting together, and celebrating, as one family.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!! (if you celebrate). This was kinda cheesy but I thought it was cute. 

:3

You guys are the best, and I hope all your Christmas wishes came true!

Comment your favourite present you got here ->

(Mine was Tower of Nero, and the HoO series)

Bye!

Word count: 1291