iii. 𝗮 𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲

° ✩ ₊ ♠ ﹙ᶜᵒʳᵖˢᵉ ᵇʳⁱᵈᵉ﹚
↳ 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚 🃏♦️♣️

° ✩ ₊ ♠ ﹙ᶜᵒʳᵖˢᵉ ᵇʳⁱᵈᵉ﹚↳ 𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨 𝙗𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚 🃏♦️♣️

Five minutes of the game remain

"SEE YOU LATER" said Karube towards his two friends as the announcer finished speaking and tension was raised amongst everyone. Arisu replied in a similar manner and looked over at Celeste who grabbed his hand and dragged him upstairs.

Celeste had thought Arisu already figured it out. So imagine her confusion as Arisu began yanking on every door he could find, mumbling to himself about which one the door was the safe zone. Sure, it didn't take a brain surgeon to figure out why the tagger continuously threw shots at a hidden target that they had no chance of ever hitting, but the stress of a do or die situation generally caused someone's mind to not think straight.

Arisu is smart. Everybody knew this, even though he didn't look like it much, the 18 year old boy was highly intelligent and skilled in many ways others weren't. Which is why Celeste didn't butt in.

She didn't tell him the answer he was so desperately looking for because she knew that he already knew the answer. He was scared and in a world like this, fear will kill you. There was no doubt the thought was already in his head, and maybe if the answer wasn't so obvious (to her at least), Celestia would've panicked a little more.

"Come on, think, think, think damn it" Arisu tried as he held onto the last door on the hallway like it was his salvation.

"Arisu....Arisu look at me!" Celeste called out, grabbing the boys face and looking into his eyes, "You're never gonna get the answer you want if you force yourself to think too hard. Don't think, you already know the answer."

The shaggy haired boy's terrified expression faltered ever so slightly as he slowly peaked over the balcony, staring at the wall covered in bullets.

"Why would he shoot from such a long distance?" He whispered, the realization hitting him like a hurricane. He looked over at the girl with wide eyes and she raised her eyebrows.

"Figured it out yet?" Arisu let out an exhausted sigh and ran over to the door that held multiple bullet holes surrounding it.

And just as they rounded the corner, a familiar body seemed to be making their way to the door as well. His nonchalant and relaxed body language was the complete opposite of Arisu's decomposed and shaky body.

"So you realized that too?" The man spoke up, taking a glance over at the girl behind the shaky boy who had her arms crossed and a neutral expression on her face. Shocking to him considering that most people in their situation were usually a nervous wreck.