vii. 𝗮 𝘀𝗽𝗮𝗱𝗲𝘀 𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝗽𝘁 𝟮

WELCOME TO STAGE 2: THE JUNGLE

                      THE woodland seemed ominously quiet

THE woodland seemed ominously quiet. She paused, even the sound of her own breath were silent, all that could be heard was the susurration of the leaves in the gusty wind. Looking up, Celestia became transfixed by the myriad of fluttering leaves that danced in the dark tree, making a living roof above her. Yet she was calm, becoming almost hypnotised by the scene in front of her. But, the longer she stared the more the leaves looked like eyes staring back down into hers and the "leaves" seemed to draw closer—blocking the sunlight as if they were forming a cage around her.

The small peaks of moonlight through the leaves told Celestia that she was now outside of the building yet couldn't turn around back to the slide she'd just flew out of as a circle framed hunk of meat now enclosed her only exit—or so she thought. Her phone lit up as the announcer began.

CLIMB THE HIGHEST TREE, COLLECT IV, AND MOVE FOWARD

Were the only things it announced as another neon arrow pointed towards an elevator above the ground facing outward that lead back into the building. The only problem? There was nothing indicating how to actually reach said elevator. The building itself was tall enough and assuming Celestia was now at the ground, the door had to be at least on the seventh or eighth floor.

She sighed at her situation and stood up, wiping the dirt off of her and making her way towards the bright green neon sign. Celestia looked into the trees. Except for a few shreds of moonlight, the woods were as dark as a closed closet. Silent too. It almost made Celestia believe animals had disappeared along with the humans; up until a ruffle of bushes next to her stopped her in her tracks.

Ears perked up and heartbeat rising up, Celestia nearly stopped breathing as she waiting for whatever was hidden behind a bush of green leaves to pop out and stab her or something. She flinched as something jumped out of the bushes and revealed itself to be a big, large, scary looking...white rabbit. Letting out the breath she was holding and relaxed, letting a small smile creep in as she watched the small rabbit munch on whatever scraps it had picked up along the way.

Celestia could almost awe at the scene, until a hissing scaling creature jumped out of the darkness, sinked their viscous fangs into the neck of the small mammal and wrapped its body around its flesh, rolling back into the darkness and leaving behind trails of blood and small whimpers of the rabbit.

Taking a step back, Celestia's mouth stood agape as she tried to process the scene in front of her, till sharp hisses from behind her caused her to jump forward once more and turn around, finally taking notice of the pile of snakes wrapped around each other under a small pit of leave laid.