Chapter Five

"Uhhh! Home sweet home!".
India entered her apartment and tossed her belongings onto the couch.

**incoming FaceTime call, Amarie**

"Hello" India said.
"How are you feeling?"
"HORRIBLE, I can't believe you let me drink that much." India groans
"Girl you needed it!" She shrugs.
"Sooo, I needed to go home with that boy too huh? you just didn't give a fuck about me." she says covering her face with her palm.
"Like I told you before, it's only your pride, .... and the fact that you still got this nigga chain on! Tells me that you don't care that much." She says laughing.
"WHAT!" India looked closer into the camera at herself, "omg nooo I forgot!!!! Girl let me call you back!!" India says.
"Alright India" she chuckles, they hang up.

She scrolled through her dms looking for Vons messages.

@indiaroyale: I have your chain..
@Kingvonfrmdao: Keep it
@Indiaroyale: do you want to pick it up from Amaries house?
@Kingvonfrmdao: 😂I'm not going to her house, I a come to yours tho.
@indiaroyale: I'll bring it to you, along with your clothes😂
@kingvonfrmdao: why you acting like that, like you wasn't just all up on me last night🤔you said you liked me🤣
@Indiaroyale: I was drunk
@kingvonfrmdao: them yo real feelings tho, a drunk speaks a sober mind.
@indiaroyale: 🥱address?

He never responded.
India tried ignoring him, but she knew that what he was saying was right, she just didn't want to admit it everything just felt wrong in a way.

She showered, watched movies and ate a bunch of snacks for the rest of that morning, what else was there to do? It seems like ever since Duck got locked up her life's been boring, she missed the excitement, she hated his ass but she missed it.
All she did was wake up, sleep, wake up, and go right back to sleep, she was lonely.

She have been texting Maurice all morning, surprisingly she actually liked him, he was cool people, and felt that he was someone that she could vibe with.
They got to know each other, she found out that the girl from Starbucks really wasn't his girlfriend, and was just some one who was obsessed with him.

"NO! dont go! Don't go!" India screamed at the tv. She was watching the movie Queen and Slim, she had never cried at the ending of this movie, but today felt different, it felt so much different that it confused her. She broke down into tears.

"Why am I crying???" She sobbed. She quickly dried her tears. And stood up from the couch. She walked to the kitchen poured her a glass of wine then went onto her patio, she lived on the highest floor that had the best view of the city.
She inhaled the fresh March air before taking a sip.

**ring ring ring**

She rushed back inside to her phone, it was an unknown number calling.

"You have a collect call from an inmate at the Cook County Department of Corrections, DUCK. Press zero to answer." She heard his deep voice plus the recorder say over the phone. She rolled her eyes while pressing zero. 

"Hello?"
"Bitch when I get out I'm killing you"
He was mad and she didn't know why.

"Carlton what're you talking about?" She asked annoyed.
"You know what the fuck I'm talking about, folks say they seen you with that nigga Von last night." He said trying not to get loud but yelling at the same time.