Chapter Three

🌀RECAP🌀
You gone leave with out saying nothing?" She heard Duck say. She turned around with a sad look on her face, "I'm so sorry but I cant deal with this kind of hurt anymore. I love you."
**POLICE SIRENS BLARING**
— —
Duck and India turned their attention to the window that showed 3 police cars pulling up behind a silver Jaguar coupe.

"That's how you comin shorty?" He says while chuckling and stepping back. "I ain't even gone try to run or nothing. Ima beat this case, with out a lawyer. I'll be out very soon" he says while chuckling nonchalantly.

"POLICE! WE'RE HERE IN RESPONSE TO A CALL ABOUT AN ASSUALT WITH A FIRE ARM, AND A CAR THEFT!" 4 police rushed in with their guns pointed. India watches as Duck gets on his two knees with his hands in the air surrendering.

The cops rushed to him smashing his head into the ground, while cuffing him and telling him his Miranda rights.
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in court of law. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you.

A tear rolled down her face, one officer lead her out of the house by her shoulder, while another held the door open for them. As she made it into the front yard there were two more cops, watching the house with big guns.
All of their neighbors were out side watching everything, this was so embarrassing to India.

"May we ask you some questions mam'?" One officer asked.
"Yes" she sniffled. She glanced around looking for Amarie who she spotted talking to one of the cops.

"So could you tell us what happened here?"

"Well I was trying to leave, but he wouldn't let me, last night we got into it really bad, -" she responds

"What did you two get into it about?"

India paused before answering his question, she couldn't tell him the WHOLE REASON the argument started.. So she told him a small part of why the argument started.

"....uhhhh, he thought I was cheating." She said.

"Uh huh, did he do this to your face?"

"Yes, he pistol whipped me. And is there anyway you guys could get my keys back from him" she blurted out.

"Yes we will, how long did this go on?"

He did it like 4 times that's it. I passed out for 2 hours." She responded.
Her voice began to get shaky.

"Does he always abuse you or is this new?"

India was stuck, she didn't know what to say. A part of her wanted to get him put away for a few years, and the other half didn't want to tell the cops literally everything.

"Miss. Does he always abuse you or is this new behavior?" The cop repeats.

"He never pistol whipped me but he have hit me a few times."

"Uh huh, will you be pressing any charges today?"

"Yes" India replies.

"Can I get a first and last name?"

"India Royale." "R-O-Y-A-L-E" she spells out.