Santa Baby

Santa Baby

Jikook —

In which Jeon Jungkook would do anything to make sure Park Jimin is happy on Christmas day
────────

"Wow, this place is really coming together." Seokjin admired all the beautiful colored lights shining through the usually way too big empty space of the one story home. Christmas lights twinkled excitably as the soft hum of 'Blue Christmas' by Elvis Presley played from the sound system below the TV area in the living room. It was everyone's first time being able to visit the house's two shared renters, but now that it was finally holiday break at the university they had the chance to catch up.

Jimin grinned from the kitchen island, topping off the seven mugs of hot chocolate with whip cream and chocolate sprinkles, spoon-shaped candy canes embellished each snowman cup for the guests to sir their chocolate powdered and milk-mixed concoctions. He nodded his head happily, making the bell on his Santa hat jingle with the motion. "Jungkook's doing amazing on the outside, isn't he?" 

At the mention of the younger's name Seokjin peeked outside the window seeing just the lower body of the said man from where he was standing on a ladder, carefully stringing glowing yellow lights across the roof. Hoseok and Namjoon stood outside with him, thick scarfs and gloves shielding them from the cold of the falling snow as they held the ends not put up yet, handing them up each time he finished a section. "He never used to do any decorating when he lived in the dorm with me last year. It's good to see how much he's changed." The words made a smile deepen on Jimin's lips, stealing a glance at the timberland boots standing on their tippy toes unstably on the silver ladder.

"It's no wonder why." A voice interrupted, joining the two where they were standing in the open living room and kitchen space. Yoongi grabbed two finished mugs from Jimin's work station, taking them back to the dining table. He sat one in front of his own seat then in front of Taehyung who was trying to finish up wrapping some presents for his friends, all already hidden in boxes from wondering eyes of course, but needing to be placed in Christmas paper. "I think we can all agree Jungkook's nothing like he was before he moved in with Jimin."

"That's for sure. He was such a brat." Taehyung laughed as he tied a big bow on one of the gifts. 

"He's always had a good heart. He can just be..." Jimin thought back to just last night when his roommate made some comments about not liking the way their home was looking despite all the time and effort Jimin had already put into it. He picked apart the ornament placements on the tree and the arrangement of the nativity on their mantle above the fireplace, not even complimenting him once on the decorations he spent hours making and the considerable amount he took out of his last paycheck to pay for. "a little inconsiderate."

Seokjin, Yoongi, and Taehyung hummed in agreement, the friend group all knowing each other for the last eight years. "Still Jimin, I really think Jungkook's become a better person living with you here." Yoongi gave him a reassuring smile, taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

It could just be the hot glass he was holding, or the burning fire facing them, but he felt warm inside. He knew this was going to be a holiday to remember. His first holiday at his own place. Jimin really liked the dorms when he stayed there just like all of his friends, but he really wanted to be able to have his own space for times like these and the opportunity to adopt some cute animals as well. While he had yet to get a playful puppy or fluffy kitten, he did in fact managed to take ownership over his own little Jungkookie in that time. His friend had decided to jump at the opportunity when Jimin had mentioned feeling a little too lonely at the place he was renting out through college, claiming he liked being in quieter places instead of communal living.