5. I Hate That Mistletoe

I looked at the other guys as if you ask, "what should I do?" And they shrugged. "I'd better go after him I guess." I decided out loud

I crept down the corridor and peeked my head around heard sniffling noises coming from the bathroom. I peeked my head around the door and sure enough Alex was sat on the closed toilet seat hugging his knees and looking helpless.

I knocked softly on the door to get his attention, he looked up, fear flashing through his eyes, before softening at the realisation that it was just me.

I offered him a meek smile, and gently asked, "What happened?"

He let out w a long defeated sigh, and mumbled in a wobbly voice, "She texted me."

I took a moment to react to this news, part of me was thinking, just ignore it and carry on for gods sake! And another part of me was thinking, uh oh this is the part where they get back together again. I mentally hit myself for thinking that this could be the last time.

"What did she say?" I asked.

He got out his phone and chucked it over to me, as if he didn't care if it cracked in half, he might have even wanted it to.

Luckily I actually caught it, and read the glowing screen: I'm so sorry Alex. Can we talk? I love you.

I also let out a fed up sounding sigh, "So what are you gonna do?"

"I don't know Jack!" He jumped up from the toilet seat, startling me, "I don't know if I like her, if I want her back, she just brings me so much pain! I want someone who can just love me and not change their mind all the time! I'm not sure she even cares about me, she just wants me to buy her jewellery and champagne cause I should feel lucky to have her!"

He was shouting at this point, edging closer and closer to me, I was standing opposite him with my back against the wall. I knew he wasn't  angry at me, I was just the nearest thing for him to yell at.

He spoke again, less abrasively this time, "I just want someone like..." he trailed off.

My heart quickened, "like...?" I asked, we were inches away.

"I don't know Jack! I just really don't know!" He spun away from me. I started breathing again, not realising I was holding my breath. He started pacing the small room.

"Look it's up to you man," I begun, "You need someone who really cares about you, if you want to have anyone at all right now, and I-

Out of nowhere his face was on mine, crashing into me, grabbing my shoulders somehow very gently. I was frozen for a moment, in total shock that his lips were on mine, and he had initiated it? After a second I stopped thinking, and kissed him like my life depended on it, tangling my fingers in his hair.

Eventually he pulled back breathless, and stared into my eyes as if to say, what the hell did I just do??!!