Chapter 3

(A/N: This is basically a recap of episode 2 with you as an extra player, I just put it in here more for the plot and not really the X Niragi storyline so you can skip this chapter if you'd like)

As you approached the game arena, you read the sign above you.
"TOEI SENDAGAYA APARTMENT"
You wondered what game you were going to take part in today.

Your team had arrived a few minutes before registration closed so you stood in the cold silence waiting to see if anyone else turned up.
A girl in a pink sports top was after you. You recognised her from a previous game you had played. She was very skilled physically but you were yet to see if she had any brains about her.
Aguni showed up next, giving you a small nod in greeting, surprising you slightly as you weren't aware that he was going to be joining you at this game.
Finally, two men arrived, one in a floral shirt and another wearing a grey jacket. You hadn't seen either of them before but their muttering and staring told you that they must be relatively new to this.

Registration closed with a total of 14 participants (including yourself) and the card was revealed...

Five of spades.

Luckily, you were very healthy physically and mentally so the genre of the cards never had a massive effect on you but you were always particularly keen on spades. Fitness was your specialty and you wanted to use this game as a chance to prove your worth to the other three Beach members that were with you.

And the game you were playing?

"A game of tag. Rule: Run away from the tagger."
Your phone continued to read out the conditions. You had to discover a safe zone in the building within 20 minutes.

With 2 minutes before the game began, everyone disbanded to choose somewhere to start. Immediately, you headed for the elevator, planning to head straight to the top floor. Someone else seemed to have the same plan in mind, as you were not alone. The platinum-haired male noticed you looking at him in the mirror and gave a small wave.

"L/N."
"And you are?" You questioned. You recognised him as an executive member from The Beach but you weren't entirely sure of who he was.
"Shuntaro Chishiya. Just call me Chishiya."

The elevator dinged and you both approached the balcony, watching over to see where all of the other players had started.

"If you can choose your starting position, this is the perfect location." His emotionless voice was slightly chilling in the deadly atmosphere. This is the feeling you get before every game. People are bound to die, and you didn't enjoy the thought of it, no matter how hard of a front you put up.

You hummed in agreement as you saw Aguni and another militant approach the same floor. Clearly, your whole group from The Beach thought similarly. Chishiya waved lightly at them, only to receive a cold glare from Aguni in return.

"What? That's nasty." He muttered

"And that's Aguni for you." You spoke, not really paying attention to him, busy working out everyone else's motives instead.

"Everyone looks like they're about to die, as usual." He saw you watching them and almost as if he could read your mind, he told you what you were thinking.

"Thank you for that joyous comment." And with that, you left him standing in the corridor alone and strolled off to find Aguni, considering he would probably be more useful if you were going to stick with anyone at all.

The voice rang out from your phone once again.
"The game will now commence. The time limit is 20 minutes. Game start. The tagger is on the move."

An eerie silence followed this announcement. You stood quietly with Aguni and the other member. Other players were just glancing around cautiously.

Footsteps began. Everyone was on their guard.

Three minutes passed and nothing had happened. A few people began to move but the air was thick with fear and silence still hung upon the apartment block.
Then, the first gunshots sounded, somewhere between the fifth and sixth floors you guessed. Not long after, you heard running, shouting, and more firing.
"Let the games begin..." You whispered.

Minutes followed with more screaming and blood painting the white walls. A few players began aiding each other, calling out the location of the tagger. You stalked around with Aguni, seeing no point in joining their antics.

With only 8 minutes remaining, the phones announced that a mere half of you were left. Your little trio came across the two men from before. They were in a stairwell and appeared to be plotting. You and the other militant handed Aguni a pair of fire extinguishers and the man in the floral shirt joined you in hunting down the tagger.

Your militant teammate lured them out. You were expecting Aguni to attack from behind before anything happened to him but he was left calling for Aguni with the only response being the tagger's bullets straight through his chest.

An intense but short-lived fight began, Aguni and the random player against the tagger. Meanwhile, you hid behind the wall. Within a matter of punches, both men were down and it was left to you. You came into the room and landed a kick straight across their face. Despite many attempts, they couldn't land a single hit on you while you continuously used every part of your body to beat them.
After a few final punches, you had them completely knocked out and slumped against the wall. By the sounds of it, the other survivors had found the safe zone during this time and you prayed for the game to be over.

With a single second remaining, your phone chimed.
"Game clear."

You grimaced as the tagger's head was blown off before your eyes but you still took the opportunity to check him for any useful weapons you could bring back with you.

And with that, you returned to The Beach, one member short.

A/N

This is double the size of my other chapters and doesn't involve Niragi at all but I had to write about surviving a game because of the last scene I wrote with Niragi :)

When you will be reading this, it'll be Christmas for me so merry Christmas!

I'll try to get Chapter 4 uploaded today too because I think y'all deserve some Niragi content this Christmas :)