Chapter 26*

"Yeah, I'm okay."

On the roof of a building nearby, Miles watched as his father walked around. "You're probably busy, so--"

"No, no, no! I can talk, I can talk," Jeff answered, "Look, so I came by earlier because, uh..."

Miles could hear his father's hesitation. "Your uncle--"

"I know, Dad..." Miles replied quietly, lifting his mask over his face. "I am so sorry..."

"Yeah..."

"Do you know who did it...?"

"I thought I did... But, I was wrong... Look, Miles, what I said at the door... It wasn't just talk... Look, you know, I was thinking maybe we could find a nice wall... privately owned, like at the police station--"

Miles pinched the bridge of his nose as he listened to his father. "--And you could, um... 'throw up'... some of your art."

Jeff heard the silence and muttered to himself, "Man, I'm bad at this."

Miles moved the phone away from his ear, feeling very emotional. He slipped his mask over his face and hung up.

"Okay, Miles," Jeff said before noticing that he wasn't responding. "Miles? You there?"

He then realized that the call had ended. He lowered his phone. "Oh, come on, man...! C-Mobile!"

Out of nowhere, he heard a deep voice say, "Officer."

Jeff jumped, seeing Miles appear right beside him. "Spider-Man! Listen, um, down there, that was-- I-- I mean, I owe you--"

He was interrupted when Miles suddenly hugged him. "O--kay!"

Jeff was stiff for a second there, not expecting Spider-Man to hug him. He slowly pat Miles' back. He wasn't aware, but Miles felt happy. He then pulled away and cleared his throat.

"I look forward to working with you," Miles said in a deep voice.

"Heh, heh. Yeah-- Yeah, me too. I guess. But, I-- I don't approve of your methods, but um... We're just gonna have to... agree to disagree."

"Thank you for your bravery tonight," Miles said before giving his father a two-finger salute. "I love you."

Jeff chuckled before realizing what he said. "Wait, what?"

Miles walked backward and pointed behind Jeff. "And look behind you!"

Jeff turned around. Two helicopters shone their lights on a figure, revealing Kingpin, who was tangling up like a bug caught in a spider's web. A piece of paper was stuck to his chest that read, "From your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man."

Jeff lifted his hand up to cover his mouth in shock. As Miles was walking away, he was receiving much praise from the crowd of people. "All right, cool! Yeah!" Miles exclaimed as he was met with applause as well.

"Thanks, Spider-Man!"

"Spider-Man, a su servicio!"

"Thank you," Miles replied, sharing fistbumps and handshakes.

"Hey, man."

As he passed by a father with his child, he shared a light fistbump with the kid. "What's up, little man?"

"New Spider-Man!"

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm the new Spider-Man! Check it out!" he shouted, getting on top of a food cart and jumping to land on the side of a building.

However, he slipped off. "Whoa!"

Some of the people gasped, but Miles quickly got back. "That was, uh... part of the move!" he said in an attempt to recover from the embarrassment.