Chapter 6*

I sighed and leaned my head back against the seat, taking a deep breath to calm my nerves. Soon enough, the train came to a stop. I stepped out and stood on the platform for a few seconds. 

"Okay... You're being crazy, Miles... You're being crazy."

I walked down the tracks of the subway in the darkness of the tunnel. "Find the spider... You'll see..." I whispered to myself.

I used the flashlight from my phone, depending on it to be able to see my surroundings. Soon, I stumbled across the place where my Uncle and I were at. I shined my light over the graffiti on the wall and trailed it down to the floor. 

"It's a normal spider... It's, like, boring how normal this spider is..." I muttered as I bent down to poke it with the end of a pen. 

Narrator's POV

Miles flinched hard when the spider glitched. Suddenly, there was a loud rumbling. His surroundings became weird and shaky as he got up. 

'I'm right here--'

Why is this happening to me?

Then, everything became normal. He peeked behind a curtain and became curious. Then again, the vibrant colors and shaky surroundings came back. 

'Slow down!' 

What am I doing...?

He came to a small room. Everything started to shake violently as he held his head. 

'Way over there!'

"You're like me."

"Miles. Look out."

"I don't wanna be a hero!"

"Miles!"

'LOOK OUT'

Suddenly, there was an explosion behind him. "WHOA!" Miles yelled as he fell forward from the impact. 

He then heard growling in the distance. "Norman, listen to me."

Miles peeked over the rubble just in time to see the spider hero of New York. He'd been thrown back with force against giant metal containers. 

Spider-Man...?

"I cannot let you open a portal to another dimension! Brooklyn is not zoned for that!"

A giant, green monster came stomping up to him. "It's not up to me!"

Is that Green Goblin...?!

"Why won't you quit?!" Green Goblin shouted, hurling things to get them out of his way. 

"I guess I like Brooklyn not being sucked into a black hole!"

"I think I'm gonna go..." Miles muttered, about to make his way out. 

"Staten Island, maybe! Not Brooklyn!", he yelled as he fought against the giant. 

Just as Miles was leaving, a support pillar came crashing down to where he was. Before he knew it, he was involved in the fight without the other two knowing. He ran and hid, but then what he hid under was picked up by Green Goblin. He ran towards a door, only to find that he would fall if he went through it.

"Whoa!" his voice echoed as he stumbled back. "What now...?"

He looked around, seeing enormous machines on both sides of the vast room. "What is this place...?"

Before he could ponder what they were any longer, he was knocked down by Green Goblin, who was too occupied fighting Spider-Man to see him there. He managed to hold onto something before he could fall anymore and hit the ground. Miles tried to pull himself up, but his hands slipped.