Dead- Magnus Pt.2

2014- Washington D.C.

On my way to the Institute, I got a text from my friend in New York, saying they need more Shadowhunters there. I created a portal and arrived there in less than a minute.

"What seems to be the issue?"

"I just wanted to see you, y/n." Alec and Izzy hugged me hard. I had missed these two.

"Where's the other Parabatai?"

"He's of training. Perfecting a move. You know how Jace is."

"Of course. How's life here in New York?"

"Perfect. Can you move here permanently?"

"Well, I did take everything with me."

2016- New York City Institute

I was in charge of training Max; Izzy, Jace and Alec's crazy smart little brother. Also, Valentine is back at large, and he's after the Mortal Cup. For a young kid, he's pretty good at fighting. He even aced his field test.

This girl, Clary, is the newest addition to the Institute. She is a pretty excellent fighter, and she's made Jace happier than he has been in a long time. For that reason, she's definitely a keeper.

Alec had proposed to that Clave girl, Lydia, to follow his 'heart'. I think he's just trying to please his parents. Their wedding was today, and I was going stag of course.

I arrived at the wedding, and sat next to Clary and Simon in the front row. The reception started and the Brother had activated the wedding rune, when the doors opened. I recognized the person who walked in immediately. It was the Ambassador. Magnus Bane. Who I knew now to be a warlock. Alec's face froze and he looked torn. Lydia tried to turn his attention back to her, and seconds later Alec started moving down the steps. He was staring at Magnus, and Magnus was staring at him. Then Alec started advancing towards Magnus, and they kissed.

Alec's mother left, followed by his father. Simon had a total fan girl moment, and Izzy was proud of him. I made my way towards the group, and hugged Alec. I'm so happy for you, I whispered in his ear. I smiled at him, and left the room. The minute I reached my room, I broke down sobbing. The door opened a minute later, and Izzy cautiously walked in.

I told her everything. About me and Magnus, and how Magnus thought I was dead.

"You have to tell Alec."

"I know, Iz. But-."

"No buts, y/n." I wiped the tears off my cheeks, and left Izzy to go find Alec.

"Hey, y/n. I was looking for you." I turned around and saw both Alec and Magnus.

"I thought you were dead."

"I was. Temporarily."

"What's going on, y/n." Alec looked over at his 'boyfriend'.

"I- I dated Magnus over 300 years ago." Alec's eyes widened. Magnus took that as a sign to leave.

"You dated him?" I nodded.

"But it ended the second I became a vampire. I promise." A lie, I was still in love with Magnus, but I cared more about Alec's happiness than my own. I was immortal, he was not. I would have many Magnus's, and Alec would only have one. I could make one sacrifice for my best friend. The brother of my parabatai after all, which made Alec, Izzy and Jace my family.

Alec nodded and left me to go find Magnus. I walked the other direction back to my room, where Izzy was waiting with a box of tissues, a tub of ice cream and two spoons.