Relief- Izzy

I walked out into the living room, and saw five unfamiliar faces. I looked at my brother, and he motioned me forward. The blonde shifted uncomfortably in his chair, as I sat across from him.

"What is this?"

"I really have no clue how to say this except straight." I crossed my arms over my stomach and rolled my eyes.

"Just say it already." I was sick of my brother and his stupid games.

"You're getting married." I scoffed.

"Really? Are you serious? This is a joke, isn't it." I paused, then realizing this was all a prank.

"Seriously, I thought we were past this, Ryan. Now I have to call our mom again." I got up from my chair, but the blonde grabbed my arm, pulling me back down onto my chair.

"He's not lying." I stared at him in shook. Fine, if he wants to play along, so will I.

"Then who?" I forced a look of pure curiosity on my face.

"And who are you people?" All had been quiet until know.

"This is Clary, and I'm Jace." Blondie pointed to the red head.

"I'm Alec and this is my sister, Izzy." Both dark haired siblings stood.

"I'm Simon." Simon had an awkward thing about him, but it made him adorable.

"Nice to meet all of you. So, which one of you am I marrying?" I mustered my most kind tone, but I still sounded a little bitchy.

"You will be marrying Jace." A look of guilt crossed his face.

"Jace... Why didn't you tell me." Clary grabbed Jace's arm, and slapped him across the face. My eyes widened, my guess was they were a couple. Tears were streaming down her face.

"Do you need some time alone, Clary?" She nodded and left, waiting outside for everyone else. I knew then this wasn't a prank or a joke. This was real.

"Can I talk to you. Alone?" My brother got up and led me away from the group.

"Why?"

"You need to be a proper lady."

"And that means marriage, to a guy I just met minutes ago." My brother would not be persuaded otherwise. I would be married to Jace. I didn't have a say about it.

3 Months Later

I followed Jace through the Institute. I had been here only three months, though I was away from my brother. The best thing to ever happen to me was getting away from him. And turns out I was in danger. Valentine wants me for something no one knows.

I had called of the wedding a month after we arrived here, actually it was before the wedding. I kissed Izzy. She was the most beautiful, strong, and independent woman I had ever met. And I fell for her. Hard. My brother had been banned from the Institute. Meaning he didn't know about the kiss or no wedding.

I was happy; for the first time in my life I felt content. I was with my real family; the Shadowhunters. And I had found a person I could trust and love for eternity.