1

Kara's POV:

I smiled happily at the realtor as I finally finished signing the papers for my land and home. I loved how the words my home flowed off my tongue. It's been so long since I decided to stay in one place for any extended period of time.

For some reason danger always seemed to find me,but I was really hoping that I would be safe here. I was confident that here I would be able to keep my ability to shift a secret.

I'm always careful, but somehow I was always discovered in my other homes. But here, here I was able to shift at will,because I was literally in the middle of nowhere here.

The realtor, a very short and squat man, smiled at me,as he handed me the keys to the cabin. "I hope that you enjoy your new home miss," he says standing up, looking around the empty cabin.

As he left, I quickly realized that I had nothing to fill the empty space,but I wasn't going to let it get me down. The cabin only had a small single bed,the table I was seated at, and appliances, stove,fridge, and so forth.

Leaving the cabin, I go to my rusty beat up car, and opening the truck,I pull out my two suitcases, which held my clothes and a few other belongings that I have been able to keep and not have to leave behind. 

Carrying them back into the cabin, I  deposit them in the small bedroom and pull out my bathroom supplies. Putting everything in the bathroom, I start up the shower.

At first the water comes out a brownish orange color, indicating that the pipes haven't been used in some time, or atleast that's what I assume, because the water quickly runs clear after a few seconds. 

I can quickly hear the water heater kick on,from somewhere, as the hot water soon dampens the bathroom in its warm fog. Undressing, I  climb into the shower, letting the hot water, lick at my sensitive skin, I relax.

Allowing my tense muscles to relax, I soon wash my hair with my coconut shampoo and conditioner. I climb out of the shower, and grabbing my towel from the door of the shower,I head to my room.

Opening my suitcases, I pull out my pajamas. After drying off completely, I dress and lay down for the night,as for tomorrow, I plan on being busy, because I have to find a job,so that I can afford to put things in my cabin, and food for myself as well.

Just as I start to drift off to sleep, I hear a faint howl in the distance, the howl of a wolf. The wolf sounded beautiful. I hoped to hear it again. The wolf's howl also brought some peace to my mind, knowing that any danger would be gone,as it is a top predator in the area.

I quickly fell asleep with a smile on my face, knowing that I was home and I was safe, for now.....

#################################

I know the chapter might be a bit corny or whatever, but it'll get better as the story goes.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter, and the beginning of the book.