4

Unknown POV:

While out patrolling with my beta,delta and friends, we came across a smell. The new scent, sent my wolf Eric into a frenzy of excitement. He instantly started to beg me to follow this new scent.

He refused to tell me the reasoning behind it,but to satisfy him, I turned and followed the scent. I followed it,but it soon came to a halt, the scent was everywhere in the woods.

Eric was practically dancing around in excitement with this scent. I had my suspicions, but I refused to get my hopes up,as he was. I let him have full control at this point,so he could satisfy himself in the search for a person who it belonged to.

"Eric, I'm sorry bud,but there's nothing here," I tried to tell him. I was trying to calm him and his excitement, so we could go about the patrol. As usual though, it didn't work, tail wagging like a pup on Christmas, he continued to search the area, going over and over the area, again and again.

After about an hour, of frenzied excitement, he finally came back to earth. Whining he gave me back control, his feelings down and hurt, as always.

We've been looking for our mate for a couple years.  It was unusual for a Alpha not to find his mate at this point. Especially since I have visited every pack,traveled every rogue territory that I could and still haven't found her.

Maybe she was killed before she could be found. Even though Eric has told me over and over again that he would know and so would I if we had lost her. He explained the feeling like having an empty feeling, if she were dead.

We felt neither,so he held hope in finding her still. The scent we followed was magnificent, as it smelled of strawberries and vanilla. I couldn't shake the scent from my head, as it's never excited either me or Eric before, till now.

"That was mate's scent," Eric pipes in, like a horny teenage pup. I roll my eyes at him,before getting back to patrolling. My beta understood completely at what I am going through, having found his mate already.

I couldn't help but feel envious of him,because they were hardly ever apart, and they are always all lovey dovy. She had him wrapped around her finger so to say. He was also so blind,because her scent has changed, indicating her pregnancy, but he still had no clue about it. 

We ran the whole perimeter of the territory and we didn't catch the scent of strawberries and vanilla again. Just the scent of my pack members and the humans that reside in my territory. Afterwards we returned to the pack house.

I on the other hand, plan on going back out soon,just to see if I can track down the scent of strawberries and vanilla. I wanted to know who the scent belongs to.

#################################

* sorry so short but wanted to get this in there.

* I still hope you enjoyed the chapter,  for how short it is.