Number 1

The week went by slowly, Belle completing her usual routine of school, dance and Hockey.

It was finally Friday, and the girl was stood beside her teacher waiting to be picked up, being 10 she was in 5th grade, her brother was 12 and was in 7th grade meaning he went to middle school whilst Belle was in elementary school.

"Sorry Miss Harvey, someone's coming I promise" Belle spoke, her classmates had mostly already left, she felt awkward making her teacher wait.

Adam Banks quickly rushed down the pavement, he was a few minutes late picking his sister up but he had a good reason.

He arrived at the school, noticing the girl waiting on the stairs patiently with her teacher. She was gripping her backpack tightly, trying to spot the boy through the crowd of parents.

"Belly" Adams voice panted loudly as he arrived at the gate, the middle school got let out earlier than the elementary, so Belle had no idea why the boy was so late, she didn't mind though, she was just happy he was there.

He watched as she snapped her head towards the sound of his voice. The girl's grin widened as she stood on her toes looking over the crowd to see the boy, she sent him an eager wave; making him laugh as he waved back.

"My brothers there" Belle spoke to her teacher, making the woman nod and motion for her to go.

Belle smiled; thanking her as she skipped down the stairs towards Adam, who stood with his backpack waiting.

"Hey Addy, why are you so late?" the younger girl spoke happily as she reached the boy, bouncing excitedly ready for the weekend.

"Hi Belly, sorry long line at the ice cream store" he rushed out, taking his bag off his shoulder and unzipping it, handing her a popsicle.

Belle grinned excitedly "Ice-cream! Thank you!" she cheered as she hugged the boy making him laugh.

The pair walked home, Belle chatting animatedly about her day; Adam listening and making the occasional comment with a smile on his face, this Adam was Belle's favourite, not the Hawks Adam.

"Then Zoe told Mr Warburton that I stole her bunny rabbit eraser and I got yelled at, but I didn't take it, he checked my bag and gave me lunch detention even though it wasn't there" she spoke sadly.

Adam frowned slightly, his sister was well-liked, but she'd been having problems with Zoe since kindergarten "Want me to go talk to the teacher?" he questioned softly.

Belle shook her head, reminding her brother that snitches get stitches.

"If she bothers you again tell me and I'll deal with it" Adam spoke protectively; clearly trying to be tough.

The girl snickered "Addy yesterday you cried because it was a Halloween episode on the Simpsons and you got scared."

The boy shushed her, a smile on his face as he draped his arm around her shoulder, ruffling her hair before pulling away.

"Besides I pushed her off the swing at lunch as payback, her tooth nearly came out" the girl giggled making Adam grin proudly.

The pair walked in comfortable silence, Annabelle playing with her hands nervously as she thought about her next question.

"Hey, Addy" she whispered quietly, making the boy down at her questioningly.

"Will you come to my dance competition tomorrow? I only have a solo and one group, so it won't take long. I don't have another one for a month" the girl pleaded looking up at the boy, she'd been asking the same question for 5 years.