Chapter 14. Head or Heart

welp, here we are! after a whole year and i still have not made any progress-anyways enjoy! this chapter is going to be in lower-case letters except for the title :)

Word Count: 1477

[previously]

a few hours later y/n started to have the same nightmare again, which caused her to keep tossing and turning. this, of course, stirred arlo to wake up again. but this time, he knew what to do. he shifted closer to y/n and gently placed his arm around her waist as he whispered in her ear, "shh. It's okay. I'm here."

his reassuring words and comfort caused y/n to drift back to sleep because for once,

she wasn't alone.

[3rd pov]

john couldn't sleep. he was having nightmares of his own as well. flashbacks of his past were appearing in his dream. he jolted up as soon as he dreamed of the girl with ivy hair saying,

"let me help you."

introducing: why me?

Chapter 14.
Head or Heart

fortunately, everyone was fast asleep. he shifted to his left to see y/n and arlo cuddling. he smirked, his best friend was finally happy with someone... even if that someone was a big jerk. he looked to his right where seraphina was dozing peacefully, clutching the teddy bear tight to her chest. john couldn't help but smile at the cuteness. until he remembered of his dream, he sighed and slowly stood up. he went to the bathroom and turned the faucet to splash some water on his face.

'calm down. it was just a dream...'

he looked in his reflection, water dripping from his jet-black hair. a scowl formed on his face as his brows creased.

'ugh, I need some fresh air.'

he walked to his room, careful not to make any noise. he slipped on his nut brown sweatshirt to oppose the crispness of the night.

once again, he looked back at the sleeping trio before heading out.

he was met with silence, which he was grateful for. he didn't care where he was going, long as he was distracted. oddly enough, he arrived to the convenience store. he shrugged.

'eh, might as well grab breakfast while i'm at it.'

[time-skip]

the sun was now shining, signaling the new day. the door clicked and in walked john with his bag of snacks. seraphina woke up first due to the noise and was surprised to see john awake.

"well, you're up early."

john bent down to take off his shoes.

"couldn't sleep..."

john replied in a monotone which amused seraphina. having never heard him speak that way, it made her edge on.

"oh, did you have a bad dream?"

he froze.