Chapter 15

Jorge arrived in a berg and I had stopped crying and screaming but I was so lifeless. I couldn't feel anything or comprehend whatever was being said to me. I see Minho and Gally help the still unconscious but healing Newt get into the Berg while Brenda and Frypan come to my side and gently help me up. I was in a fragile state at the moment and none of them wanted me to break.

We were in the Berg now, Newt's body was next to me. They thought I should stay close to him to keep me calm. They were right to do that and I probably sounded crazy as I spoke to Newt.

"I almost lost you, Newt. You were almost dead, you were so close, I felt your life slipping out of my hands. Please don't hate me for saving you. Thomas already hates me. I'm a disappointment in my brother's eyes. He probably wants nothing to do with me. I feel like he wishes I was dead, Newt. I never wanted any of you to go, I was a selfish person, I thought that I could still have a happy ending. I guess my actions are what pushes everyone away. I may have done what's best for myself back then but I didn't mean to. I just wanted to stay with you. I loved hanging out with you guys, I loved seeing you guys. If I told them that I was the cure then I would have never seen you guys ever again. Was it selfish? Yes, yes it was but I was nine. I didn't care about everyone else at the time. It wasn't until I first lost you all did I realize how selfish I had been and I suffered for it. I suffered for years, and I still do. Blame everything on me. Blame me for everyone's deaths, it's my fault. Just please don't leave me alone anymore."

"I forgive you."-Newt

I looked up suddenly, scaring everyone that was quietly listening and watching me. They all turned away from looking at me and looked at one another trying to act like they weren't listening. I didn't care though and I looked at Newt. I could see that he was still unconscious but I had heard him, I'm not crazy I know I am not. I then realized what had happened and my eyes softened. There was only one other way that Newt could have talked to me.

"Thank you."

I repeat those words in my head. The wall that had blocked me from Newt for years was broken by Newt. He saved me the same way that I saved him that one time. The wall didn't return though, it stayed broken and I silently talked to Newt through my head.

"How do you feel?"

"I feel terrible, but sane."-Newt

"Forgive me for not saving you earlier. I wanted to, I have come close to doing it multiple times."

"I told you, I forgive you."-Newt

"You forgive me too easily." I smile just happy to have Newt not be mad at me.

"Thomas?"-Newt

"I don't know where he is, we are currently on a Berg. We are safe though, Jorge is driving."

"Finally, almost everything is set right."-Newt

"Once Thomas is here then I would say so."

"Guys I see Thomas."-Brenda

I perk up at the sound of that but as we get over to where he was someone was with him. It was Teresa and the building they were on top of was burning. If Thomas fell from here there was no saving and that made me once again have a panic attack. As I started to panic I suddenly felt very sick. My stomach felt very queasy and I could throw up any minute. I moved my knees away from my face and started to lean forward. I was breathing really heavily because my lungs felt like they were collapsing. What was happening to me, I couldn't possibly be dying, can I? It feels like I am dying though.

"Thomas?"

I wanted my brother, I wanted to know he was safe. If I was going to die right now then I want my last moments to be with my brother. He has been with me since birth. I want him there when I die. I could be a little over dramatic at the moment. I might end up being fine after I finally calm down. My feelings have been tossed all over the place recently and I could really use a break. I fell to my side trying to find a place where the pain in my lungs and stomach would calm down. I groaned at the pain as my brother made it onto the ship safely. Teresa didn't though but I just felt more sick.

Newt probably doesn't know that I am currently in pain so I want to keep it that way. As the doors close I go silent. The next thing I know I am crying from the pain. I could pass out any moment.

I think my brother knew I was upset because when he turned around to look at me and saw how much pain I was in he quickly scooted his way over to me. I moved myself up a little but just felt sick again and laid myself back down.

"I'm sorry Thomas. Blame me all you want."

I could see he was crying, of course it could be my own tears playing tricks on me.

"I'm sorry Y/n."-Thomas

I felt a sudden relief inside of me. They were staying by my side, they weren't leaving me anymore. We were safe. I could relax, I could finally relax.

I smiled and closed my eyes. Thomas was scared when I closed my eyes. I suppose I looked like I died. I made no movements of any sorts for hours. I was so relieved though, maybe now we can finally live like we did in my dream so many years ago. We can stand together looking out at the beach with no worries and no WICKED.

Please don't hate me for killing off Teresa. I will be honest she isn't my favorite character and I think her death was actually a huge part of her character development. I personally think her character in the book is better than the movie's character though. This is only my opinion, she is still a great character.