Chapter 19

Newt has been less busy lately but he's been avoiding me. I couldn't understand why and it really hurt. Why wasn't he telling me what's wrong? I must have done something that is causing him to avoid me. Or maybe he is just busy still? I'll confront him later. Newt usually goes on a walk on the beach late at night. I'm usually really tired at that time but I'm going to pull through and meet up with him so that he can't run off and we can settle this.

Night fell and I sat on the floor trying to keep myself awake. I can't let myself fall asleep. I need to see Newt. My eyes kept trying to close but I wasn't going to let it. Time was slowly passing by but I made it and when I saw Newt heading towards the beach I also followed after him. He was walking really fast or I was just really slow because I was tired. Either way I had to run to catch up to him.

"Newt."

He stops and turns around. He didn't even smile at me which really hurt. What did I do that made him so upset with me?

"Y/n."-Newt

I frowned and took a deep breath.

"What did I do?"

He was quiet. He was either thinking whether or not to tell me or he just didn't want to tell me.

"I know I've done something wrong. You've been avoiding me, I haven't seen you in such a long time and when we finally get the chance to be together you find something to do. Now either I'm misreading the situation or something is wrong. Please tell me what I did."

"That guy, you call him Theo."-Newt

"Theo's only a friend I can promise you that."

"A friend doesn't address someone by the name beautiful. At least not unless they like them."-Newt

"He's just teasing me, you know like Minho."

"I told you he liked you, are you ignoring it? Do you just want to ignore everything?"-Newt

"Hey! I didn't ignore it, don't assume I didn't care about what you thought."

"If you did then why are you with him letting him bloody flirt with you!"-Newt

"I'm not letting him do anything!"

"Really? So if he starts calling you Love like I do, are you just going to assume that he's treating you like a friend?"-Newt

"He knows I love you! He wouldn't do anything!"

"You don't bloody get it. It doesn't matter if he knows, he doesn't bloody care. If he can get you away from me he will do whatever he can! He'll make you like him no matter if you love me or not."-Newt

"Why would he do that? How do you know this?"

"He's nothing like Minho or Tommy. He doesn't tease you because he's your friend, he doesn't talk to you because he is your brother. He is only doing these things because he thinks he has a chance with you. He even bloody tells his friends how well he is doing with you saying how you'll love him by the end of the week. Have you been ignoring that too?"-Newt

"He does what?"

My voice lowers as I become a little hurt. Newt yelling at me hurt but Theo bragging about his relationship progress with me hurt me more. Why would he do that? Why would he say those things to his friends when he knows I love Newt. Newt seeing me look hurt also calms down.

"He is not like the guys you know Y/n. Some of us aren't that nice. He's treating you like a trophy. He doesn't care about your feelings."-Newt

"How do you know this?"

"One of his friends was telling me this, he was trying to make me jealous. I think it worked sadly."-Newt

"I'm sorry Newt. I'll listen to you next time."

"I'm not saying you shouldn't make new friends. He can be your friend, just please put him in his place."-Newt

"I'm sorry. I'll do that."

"I'm sorry too."-Newt

I smile towards him and he returns the smile. Finally things can return to normal. I can happily be by Newt's side again. The tiredness in me returns and I tell Newt goodnight and go back to my tent where I fall asleep. Me and Newt's first argument was rough. The good news was that we were able to settle it. I'll make sure that Theo knows that he is only a friend and me and Newt can be happily together again.

As nice as those words sounded, that argument really made things uncomfortable between us. Despite coming to an understanding we still kept our distance. I didn't want to keep distance but it seemed like Newt wanted to keep his distance. If he wanted to cool his head a little then I'll let him. I just hope it won't last forever. I really just want to be held by him.

Newt on the other hand was hating himself. He hated how he treated me. He yelled at me even though I didn't even do anything wrong. It wasn't my fault that I didn't know what was going on. He wished that he was more calm towards me instead of getting mad. He was jealous of Theo, he wished that he could have spent all his day with me like Theo was able to. He hated it when Theo's friend told him that Theo and Y/n were getting along so well. He hated it when Theo called me beautiful. He wished that he could hold me, tell me that I was beautiful, and waste the day away with him. He felt like he messed it up though because I seemed to be avoiding him and he felt like he deserved it because he shouldn't have yelled at me like that just because he was jealous.

So despite me thinking all was well, things weren't really doing well. We still avoided each other and despite me telling Theo he was a friend and a friend only he seemed to not get the hint. The only good thing that happened was that Minho got me some seeds.