Chapter 18

Things were going well. We were able to start a farm that Newt and Thomas were a part of. Frypan made meals for everyone. Minho gathered up a search party that would go exploring to find materials. I got to be a doctor, and I mean a real doctor. I finally get to be the doctor that I initially signed up for. Since a lot of the people in our group are really young they have to learn from those of us who know what we are doing. This meant lots of them got injured. I am taking care of people with minor injuries such as small cuts on the hand, to people getting a deep cut on their legs. I enjoy doing this though no matter how bloody it gets.

I go to the ocean to have a break and clean my tools and hands. I sit down as I contemplate on what I should do with my resources. I know that I'll soon run out of the necessary things such as bandages and medicines. I suppose this meant that I will have to make my own medicines soon.

I sigh and someone sits beside me. It wasn't Newt which was a little upsetting. I really wanted to talk to him. He's been busy lately teaching people and tending to the farm as well as hanging out with his sister. I've really been missing him but I can't complain. This is everything I wished for, I won't complain that he is too busy to give me a little attention. In the meantime I will find out what the guy next to me wants.

"Hello."

"Hey."-Guy

"Is something the matter?"

"No, I just wanted to sit here. Is that alright?"-Guy

"Yeah, it is. I'm sorry if I sounded unwelcoming."

"No it's okay."-Guy

As I look at the guy a little more I remember him as the guy Newt warned me about. He said something about him liking me or something. It doesn't really feel like he likes me though. He kind of reminds me of Minho though. He also was in that group that laughed when I introduced myself.

"It's nice isn't it?"-Guy

"What do you mean?"

"The ocean?"-Guy

I look at the ocean. I haven't really enjoyed it yet. It's really just been my sink lately. I look over at the blue sea. It really was everything I had thought it would be. I hope that I can enjoy the sea with the others someday.

"It's calming."

"It is calming. Very different than where we used to be."-Guy

"Yeah."

We sat in silence for a moment before he spoke again.

"I'm Theo."-Theo

"Nice to meet you Theo."

I smile at him to be polite and I look back towards the sea.

Ever since that interaction Theo started to hang around me more often. Whenever I take breaks and sit in front of the ocean he would come and sit with me. Much like I thought. He was a lot like Minho. He liked to mess with me, he called me beautiful once but I assumed it was because he was teasing me. I played along not knowing that he really was trying to flirt with me.

I was looking through my backpack in my tent. I was checking how much longer my resources will last. I know sooner or later I will be asking Newt to teach me how to farm myself so that I can make some medicinal herbs. I would need to find some seeds first but there is a forest nearby that probably has some plants that Minho can steal some seeds from for me.

Theo walks into the tent and sits down in front of me. He was holding onto his arm and I knew he was injured.

"What happened?"

"I got too close to someone swinging an axe. They cut my shoulder."-Theo

He moves his hand away and I inspect the injury. It was a deep cut and I would have to do stitches.

"You will have to take off your shirt."

"So forward."-Theo

"Don't get ahead of yourself."

I grab the things I need and get started on stitching. Theo's eyes never left me and I didn't know this but Newt was outside. He was coming to see me for the first time in forever but he saw that I was bust and just waited outside. Theo who saw him come in wanted to do something. He knew I loved Newt because I told him. Theo liked me and wanted to do something to try and have a chance.

"Your really good at this Y/n."-Theo

"I have years of experience."

"Your hands are cold."-Theo

"Sorry, I was washing them in the ocean earlier."

"I should have came by earlier, maybe I wouldn't have gotten cut."-Theo

"You should have. It was a little lonely sitting there alone. I like our little chats."

"Really? Thank you beautiful."-Theo

"You know it."

He tried not to laugh because he didn't want to move but he couldn't hold it in.

"Seriously, stop moving."

I laughed too and Newt who was listening became upset. He told me that Theo liked me and yet here I was letting him flirt with me. He became afraid. He didn't want to lose me and it sounds like I was slipping out of his hands. He was mad at Theo because he was certain that he had to at least know that he loved me and yet he was still doing this. He worried that I might have not told Theo about me and him and he was upset at me for letting this happen.

He left not saying a word. When Theo left the tent he knew that what he did worked. He strudded off towards his friends to tell them what progress he was making. I was oblivious to all the chaos going on and the pain that I've caused to someone I loved. This was really going to hurt.