Chapter 97~ Familiar Faces

It was all Honey Lemon could do not to collapse onto her knees when she saw Tadashi's face. He was there, right in front of her, and Andy was smiling right beside him. The school they stood outside of was still Walt Disney College, and Honey Lemon wondered if she had been sent back into the past. Was this a groundhog day kind of thing? Would she relive the same day for the rest of her life?

"Hey, Honey."

Tadashi stood on his toes and pressed a kiss to her cheek, putting his arm around her shoulders like it was no big deal. She guessed it was no big deal to him, he didn't know that he'd been dead for six months, he didn't know that his very presence was sending her heart into overdrive. Gogo was still regarding her with suspicion, and so Honey Lemon did her best not to cry when she looked into Tadashi's eyes.

"Hi, Tadashi," she said, her voice just above a whisper.

Andy sat down next to Fred on the bench, acting pretty casual like nothing had happened. Was this a different Andy too? Were all her friends part of this altered universe, and she was the only one who remembered the life she had left behind?

"Are you okay, Honey?" Andy asked, giving her a weird glance. This must've been a different Andy. He had no idea what was going on. "You seem kinda dazed."

Tadashi turned to look at her, his brow creasing with worry just like it always used to when he feared she was overworking herself.

"Did you stay up late in the lab again?" he asked, taking her hand.

She shook her head feebly. "Just tired. I didn't get a good sleep."

"I have remedies for that if you want," Wasabi said. "Of course, the immediate thought goes to tea, but they're actually different herbs that can..."

Tadashi wrapped her in a hug as Wasabi rattled off different sleeping herbs, and she slowly hugged back, still struggling to grasp that this was real. He was in her arms right now. She was in his.

It was all she could do to hold back the tears that filled her eyes.

Gogo rolled her eyes. "Thanks for that list, Wasabi." She then turned to Honey. "You didn't come back to the dorm last night, so where did you sleep?"

Honey Lemon's mind raced for an answer. So much could go wrong. She didn't know what had happened in this universe. Where things exactly the same, or had they changed in a way?

"Hey hey, let's leave her alone, I think she's about to drop dead or something." Fred glanced at her as Honey Lemon rubbed her eyes, trying to come off as sleepy though she was just wiping away tears. "Let's talk about Tadashi's upcoming project!"

Tadashi laughed. "Baymax? I still can't get it to function exactly the way I want it to, but we're getting there."

"What about your little brother, isn't he working on something too?" Gogo asked.

Honey stayed silent as the conversation continued. So far, things seemed like they were the same. The timeline sounded like she was about a month or two before Tadashi died. If Hiro had just started to develop the microbots, then it was only a matter of time.

Would she have to see him die? Again?

She clasped her hands together to stop them from shaking, and Tadashi sent her another worried look. He could sense something was wrong, of course he could. By this time, if she was right, they had been dating for a while already.

"Okay guys, we'll see you later," Tadashi said. "I just want to grab something before lunch ends. Honey?"

Honey Lemon nodded. "Yeah, coming."