Unexpected Visitor

It's been 4 days since Richy had started to look after little Owen. And Owen was such a sweet innocent little boy, never up to any mischief and always doing what his daddy tells him to do. He's great at listening and he even tidies up after himself when he's finished playing.

The only incidents occuring were when Owen had nightmares and would wake up screaming at the top of his lungs, kicking and wailing his arms and legs around. Richy calms him down quick enough and lets him sleep with him for the rest of the night. Richy has been getting Owen in a routine and keeping to it is all well and good until bed time comes around.

Richy has tried special calming candles, sprays and scents to calm his little baby down but done have worked so far.

"Come on little one time to wake up." Richy whispered, stroking Owens cheek to slowly wake up his baby. Never want to surprise him after a particularly bad night. Took Richy ages to get him back to sleep.

"Mmmm, dada." Owen yawned and rubbed his fists to his eyes, stretching his body as he does so.

"Yes baby, dada is here. Let's get you downstairs for some food, shall we." Richy said, picking up Owen and taking him to have his diaper changed.

"Tay oney dada?" Owen asked tiredly.

"Sure, we can have a pyjama day today." Richy smiled, tickling Owens side, loudly giggling.

Once changed and cleaned, Owen whined to be put down and Richy obliged helping him walk. Holding his hand and praising him when he manages more steps then last time without falling.

"Ridrid dada?" Owen asks, ridrid being porridge. It's much simpler way of saying Owens now favourite breakfast, he won't have anything else. And it has to be with raspberry jam or pieces of banana.

"Yes, yes, I'll get it ready. Now you be a good young man and sit nicely in your seat. No kicking legs Mr." Richy warns and Owen nods sitting quietly and patiently.

Richy whistles as he waits for the microwave to stop but before the annoying beeping that loudens in the night went off, the bell to the front door rang through the house.

Owen whipped his head round and started to cry, the noise hurting his ears, he covers them with his hands and carrys on to cry. He's never heard a door bell before, it's frightening and new. A strange sound he does wish would shush and stop hurting him.

"Oh baby it's ok. Shh shh shh, come here baby, daddy's here." Richy comforts Owen in his arms as he makes his way to the door.

"Just the door bell. Someone presses a button so they can be let in. Nothing to be scared of. Shh shh shh."

Richy looks through the peep hole, Owen hiding in his daddy's neck.

Richy was confused. He didn't know that his friend was coming. He would have gotten ready, not stood in my pyjamas carrying a frightened little. He would have prepared.

He opened the door and there stood a smiling women with a smaller lady standing next to her, holding hands.

"Myra? What? What you doing here?" Richy questioned stepping aside to let the two in.

"Good to see you too Richard. Say hello Amelia." Myra smiled and walked through with a strut like she owned the place. Long blonde hair swaying around

"Hewo" Amelia said waving, her own blonde hair tied in two bunches.

"Yes Hiya. What are you doing here?" Richy asked catching up to Myra who had already taken a seat in the living room.

"Wanted to see you of course. The library beens boring, people have been asking for you." Myra replied, letting Amelia sit on the floor playing with the dolls she had brought with her.

"But you could have said something, I wasn't ready." Richy muttered shaking his head, Owen whined next to him and clung closer to his side.

"That's the surprise of it! Can't keep you making everything so nice for an old friend visiting." Myra chuckled.

Richy and Myra go way back. From parents being friends to the two making their way through high school together. Time and new life's after, having the same job same aspirations to be caregivers. They have been at the hip since they could talk. Never once leaving each others side, always being there. It's like they have become the siblings neither did have. Their lives have crossed and tied a knot to large and complicated to twist free. Richy and Myra are two peas in a pod, knowing the ins and out of the other. The best friendship one good ask for.

"But, but, but-" Richy stammered.

"No buts, we haven't talked for a while. Haven't even had dinner together. So why not better then now mm?" Myra leaned in and said, interrupting what Richy was trying to say.

"You cant just show up unannounced. Owen didn't take it well and I can't have him like this every time you what to pop in!" Richy snapped, not meaning to sound so harsh. He could feel Owen tense next to him, he facepalmed mentally and started to stroke and caress his side to soothe him.

Myra gasped, hand covering her mouth. Not out of shock just out of rememberence.

"Oh yes this is Owen! Oh my goodness he's even cuter then you said, I'm such an idiot. Can I see him?" Myra rambled on, bouncing and grinning.

"Don't scare him My." Richy warned

"Alright, alright." Myra said, checking on her own little one, Amelia was still mindlessly playing with her dolls.

"Munchkin, I've got someone for you to meet. You think you can come out and say hi?" Richy whispered to Owen.

Owen looked up at his daddy with wide curious eyes. He nodded slowly and looked round Richy's body. And there was the women, My, that's what his daddy said she was called. Owen began to crawl onto his daddy's lap and stared at Myra.

"Hello Owen, you are so adorable." Myra cooed.

"Hi." Owen whispered, slightly scared of the women. She looked to excited, her face was lit up in a big smile. It was kinda creepy.

"Awe is Owen shy? How about you play with Amelia why the grown ups talk." Myra suggested.

Owen looked back at his daddy who took a second to think before nodding and setting him down next to Amelia. Owen didn't look like he knew what to do so Amelia took first action and showed Owen the game she was playing. Soon both littles were silently playing together.

Happy with them getting along Richy drew his attention back to Myra.

"Ok so what did you actually want to talk about?" Richy questioned. Something was up, something was always up with Myra Pond.

"Well, you know Andy?" Myra asked.

Of course Richy knew Andy. Everyone knew Andy. He was the talk of the town. Rich and powerful, handsome and very very controlling.

"Well, he's gone and told me that I'm invited to this party. Fancy that! Andy White asked me! This is big Ri, so very big." Myra said far to quickly.

"Not to put you in a bad mood but Andy isn't a good guy. He picks a new people to come to his parties and then you are roped in his little schemes forever and onward." Richy stated.

It was true. Richy hated the guy. Andy was 2 years above him and Myra in school and even then was he a controlling, manipulating sod. Getting what he want without getting his hands dirty, using his minions. It was disgusting. Richy didn't trust him.

"You are just jealous!" Myra argued. Crossing her arms in deviance.

"Jealous? Of what?" Richy retorted.

"Of another guy paying attention to me!" Myra snapped.

Before Richy could say anything else, crying errupted.

In one swoop Richy was holding a upset Owen who was holding his head which was rather red and starting to bruise.

"Shh shh shh. Daddy's here. Shh shh shh. It's alright." Richy said calmly, "I think it's time for you to go. I'll see you tomorrow My."

"Yes, yes. I'm so sorry. See you." Myra looked just as angry as she was before, maybe with a tad of disappointment.

Myra and Amelia left, leaving Richy and Owen to have ice cream for breakfast since there last one was interrupted.