The library

Another 3 days past and Richy's week of came to an end. He'd been planning to ease Owen into the hustle of the library.

It's a very popular library. One of the only ones in town and it's rather large, owning majority of fictional books and most non-fiction books. Everything you could want will be either on the shelves of this library or on the computers for people to download and take away with them. It's extremely popular with littles and their caregivers. Having a special floor dedicated for them.

And one of the quietest days it has is a Thursday. So with that known fact Richy brought Owen in on the Thursday following Owens arrival into Richy's life.

"Libey dada?" Owen asked as he slowly made his way to the car, holding Richy's hand.

They haven't been out of the property for a week only venturing into the garden.

Owen wore shoes that lit up when walking so there was a constant flash of blue and red, long black dungarees with a long sleeved green top underneath. Another paci attached on a piece of fabric and Bonni in the hand that was free.

"Yep, we are going to the library. Won't take too long and then you will be able to look at all the picture books and maybe meet a couple of my other friends." Richy said, picking up Owen and strapping him into his seat.

The drive wasn't long only about 10 minutes and Richy parked in the staff carpark.

The front of the library was grand, archways and statues. The back not so much but as soon as the two walked in they could feel the warmth and could see the magnificence carved into the stones.

"Morning Richard! Your upstairs in the little floor and- oh my this must be Owen, he is such a cutie. Jamie is also up there, Marcus too." Olivia, Richy's boss said, Owen his behind his legs as he nodded and made his way to the second floor.

Jamie was Richy's other very close friend. They met here at the library. Jamie was fun and always was happy to help anyone in need. He was a great person to be around, his aurora being a very positive one at that.

"Ah! Richy, how's the week off been!" Jamie greeted.

There wasn't anyone else up here so it was quiet except for Jamie and a giggling Marcus in the corner.

"Yeah, yeah, it's be great actually. Owen say hello to Jamie." Richy said, manoeuvring Owen around his legs.

Owen looked curious, peering at the tall man. Hair silver and eyes blue. Very pale yet looking very healthy.

"Heyo." Owen quietly said, waving small hands.

"Hello Owen, do you want to play with Marcus?" Jamie crouched down at Owens height and upon hearing his name Marcus came bounding towards his daddy.

Messy black hair and brown eyes sparkling in the light. Wearing trousers and a spider man top, shoes off and mismatched socks on. One stripped green and yellow and the other red with blue stars. And he wasn't much taller than Owen.

"Hello! I'm Marcus! Come and play!" Marcus squealed, holding out his hand.

Owen looked back and waited for confirmation from his dada. Richy nodded and let go of his hand. Owen stepped forward and reached for Marcus's.

Marcus was gentle and slow when talking and walking back to his corner. Waiting for Owen who took his time.

"He's shy. He doing alright though?" Jamie asked, arms crossed and staring fondly at the boys.

"Yeah he is. Come on we got work to do." Richy said, nudging Jamie's side and nodding his head to the pile of books on the desk.

Marcus showed Owen all the toys and books that were strategically placed on a circle, books on the inside one in front of each his toys.

"Can I see your teddie?" Marcus asked, looking at Owens bear.

"Bonni. Dada gif me it." Owen said stroking the small ears on the bear.

"Does Bonni want to have tea?" Marcus asked, pointing at the tray of empty plastic tea pot, cups and saucers.

Owen looked at Bonni to the tray and back again, making Bonni look too, he waited before making Bonni bid her head.

"Yea see oes" Owen said, moving from one foot to the other, "an I tee too?" Owen asked, he's always wanted to have a tea party.

"Yes! Come on, tea get cold!" Marcus jumped excitedly, making more room and laying out the cups and saucers.

"Oh look, we run out. Bad bad, no not right. Daddy!" Marcus yelled holding up the tea pot as high as his arm could reach.

"Marcus, is everything ok? Are you hurt?" Jamie and Richy came around the corner, looking concerned.

"Need more drink for tea pot pllleeeaaassee!" Marcus pleaded, making his eyes wide with even more innocence and cuteness.

"Oh yes baby, I thought you two had been hurt." Jamie said, taking the tea pot handed to him, "but it's going to be forest fruit squash instead, I can't keep much of an eye on you for you to have anything hot."

"Otay daddy. Hurry up, the party started!" Marcus informed with a sharp nod.

"You ok sweetheart?" Richy crouched down to Owens sitting down height.

"Yeah daddy, tee partie." Owen nodded, rather proud of himself.

"You'll have to tell me all about it when we get home, won't you?" Richy asked.

"Yeah, me will tell." Owen agreed.

Richy kissed the top of Owens head and walked back to he desk with Jamie.

" 'ere you go." Marcus said as he poured very carefully, tongue sticking out to the side, some of the squash into Owens cup.

"Fank oo." Owen said, slurping the drink and finding he quite likes the taste.

"How long you been wif Richy? Cos I been wif my daddy for a year now."

"Week fink." Owen thought. He knew it because thats what daddy said. A week off to look after him first off and now hey are back at the library so it must be a week.

Marcus slumped himself next to Owen, moving a cuddly sheep out the way.

"Is he nice? Cos Richy 'ere at book hop and he nice to me and daddy like him too."

"Yeah, dada good." Owen nodded to himself. He liked Marcus. He was friendly and didn't try to hit him like that Amelia person did. He even let him join the tea party and he was rather enjoying himself. He's never had tea before and it's a lot different from what he thought it would be like. Sweeter and like fruit.

"You like cars? I do. I love love love them. Go so fast and zoom zooming on tracks. And trucks, they cool. Big, daddy got me a truck. It at home." Marcus rushed, bouncing on his bum.

"I no know." Owen had never really thought about cars. Or trucks for that matter. He's only been in two cars, the nasty man and daddy's. And he doesn't even know what a truck looks like. He doesn't know but Marcus does, what if Marcus won't like him if he doesn't know?

"Oh no! On't be sad. I show you cars when I 'ave them! And trucks." Marcus hugged Owen, doing what his daddy does when he gets upset. Patting him on the back and keeping his arms wrapped round.

"Weally?" Owen mumbled, tears gone but still embraced with Marcus. Now he really likes Marcus, he's not mad at him and still wants to be his friend!

"Pwomise!" Marcus smiled and held out his pinky and Owen wrapped his round it.

"Otay, pwomise."